Timothy P. DeKeyser represents investors, domestic and international real estate companies, funds, lenders, government-sponsored entities and other entities in complex real estate matters ranging from acquisitions and leasing to construction transactions and development of raw or underdeveloped land.
Tim has assisted clients in transactions related to a wide variety of real estate asset classes, including office buildings, senior housing, hospitality, residential or multi-family use buildings and specialized-use facilities.
- Represented a real estate investment company in connection with the acquisition and financing of a $282.5M Class A office complex in West Palm Beach, FL.
- Drafted and negotiated a joint venture agreement for a developer of an opportunity zone property in Miami, FL.
- Drafted and negotiated a joint venture agreement for a real estate investment fund in connection with the acquisition and financing of One Biscayne Tower in Miami, FL.
- Assisted Lionstone Development with the refinance of the Virgin Hotel in Chicago, IL.
- Represented Paramount Group, Inc. in connection with the origination of a $141M mortgage and mezzanine construction loan secured by 15 Laight in New York, NY.
- Represented Paramount Group, Inc. in its acquisition of One Front Street in San Francisco, CA for $521M.
- Assisted with the origination of several mezzanine loans and negotiated intercreditor and co-lender agreements for a debt fund.
- Negotiated participation agreements and a master servicing agreement for over 160 commercial mortgage loans as part of a reinsurance transaction.
- Negotiated a $975M CMBS loan for Paramount Group, Inc. that was secured by One Market Plaza in San Francisco, CA.
- Represented a real estate investment company in a joint venture with a developer for the construction of Brickell Flatiron in Miami, FL.
- Negotiated master leases for Hudson’s Bay Company in connection with its joint venture with Simon Property Group.
- Assisted Paramount Group, Inc. in restructuring its real estate portfolio in connection with the largest ever U.S. REIT IPO.
- Assisted Hudson’s Bay Company in originating a $1.25B long-term, single-asset CMBS fee mortgage loan; restructured the ownership interests to include a ground lease and operating lease for future financings.
- Assisted Paramount Group, Inc. in disposing of a 49% interest in One Market Plaza in San Francisco, CA; negotiated a joint venture agreement with the purchaser.
- Facilitated the sale of two mall properties to Simon Property Group, Inc. in connection with Washington Prime Group Inc.’s merger with Glimcher Realty Trust.
- Negotiated a 200,000+ square foot lease in a commercial office building in New York, NY for a major media outlet.
- Assisted Paramount Group, Inc. with the formation and capitalization of several debt and equity real estate investment funds.
- Assisted a debt fund with the restructuring of a preferred equity interest in a trophy office building in New York, NY.
- Assisted Sunrise Senior Living, Inc. with the disposition of a seniors housing facility in New Jersey and the redemption of tax-exempt bond financing.
- Assisted a non-profit REIT with funding the acquisition of affordable housing projects through a credit facility.
- Represented the purchaser of a manufacturing facility and negotiated a railroad track agreement.
- Assisted Fannie Mae with the securitization of thousands of multi-family loans purchased for cash; analyzed special features of multi-family loans and drafted specific disclosures for investment prospectuses.
- Drafted loan modification documents and assisted with closings for the restructuring of $14B of debt in the General Growth Properties bankruptcy.
Speeches & Events
- Lecturer, “Buying and Selling Real Estate in the U.S.,” Joint Program between - Real Property and Residential Property Law, University of Miami and University of Vienna, November 22-27, 2019
- Member, Urban Land Institute
Admitted To Practice
- District of Columbia
- New York
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2009
B.S., University of Virginia, 2004