As a partner in Stroock’s national real estate group, Trevor advises clients in commercial real estate matters, with a particular emphasis on complex leasing transactions. He has expertise in negotiating leases, subleases, licenses, construction contracts and acquisition agreements for office, retail, co-working, non-profit and educational space in New York City and nationally on behalf of major landlords, tenants, purchasers, sellers, managers and principals. Recent representative transactions include leases for Spotify's offices in Miami and Los Angeles, a New York City leasehold condominium transaction valued at well over $1 billion over the 30-year term, and numerous other nine-figure leasing and leasehold condominium deals for clients such as Edward J. Minskoff Equities, Boston Properties, Vornado, Mutual of America, Scholastic, George Comfort & Sons, 21st Century Fox, Barnard College, Broadridge Financial Solutions, the City University of New York, the Guggenheim Museum and Saks & Co.
Trevor is the lead pro bono counsel to IMPACCT Brooklyn, a non-profit that promotes affordable housing, small business and cultural diversity projects. He is also a member of the executive committee of the board of directors of Broadway Housing Communities, Inc., a nationally recognized not-for-profit developer of supportive and affordable housing in upper Manhattan.
- Minskoff Equities in its leasing program of approximately 400,000 square feet of office, educational and retail space at 51 Astor Place, including office tenants IBM, 1stdibs and Mail Online, educational tenant St. John’s University, and retail tenants CVS, Shake Shack, Chop’t Salad, Bluestone Lane, Flywheel Sports and Orangetheory Fitness.
- The Durst Organization in its sale of leasehold condominium interests, and the leasing, of office space at 205 E. 42nd Street, including long-term occupancy transactions with CUNY and United Way, and a lease of more than 120,000 square feet of office space.
- Pace University in the acquisition and restructuring of long-term ground lease condominium interests for student housing at 180 Broadway and 33 Beekman.
- Visiting Nurse Service of New York, the nation’s largest not-for-profit home and community health organization, in the acquisition of long-term leasehold condominium interests from SL Green Realty Corp. in a 30-year headquarters occupancy transaction for more than 300,000 square feet of office and training space at 220 E. 42nd St.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. on a 15-year lease at 605 Third Avenue in Manhattan. The new lease agreement covers 84,000 square feet across the 39th through 42nd floors of the building.
- CUNY’s Hunter College in the acquisition of long-term leasehold condominium interests in a 30-year dormitory occupancy transaction at 334 East 79thStreet in Manhattan.
- Community Preservation Corporation in the acquisition of long-term leasehold condominium interests from SL Green Realty Corp. in a 30-year headquarters occupancy transaction for approximately 30,000 square feet of office space at 220 E. 42nd Street.
- The ad hoc group of bank lenders in the chapter 11 proceedings for Caesars Entertainment Corporation and Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, which included negotiating the terms of the master lease agreements between affiliates of Caesars Entertainment Operating Company.
- Saks & Co., in various leasing and subleasing transactions in Manhattan.
- Columbia Property Trust in the negotiation of two 15-year leases with WeWork, one of the world’s largest providers of shared office space, for approximately 115,000 square feet at 650 California Street in San Francisco, California, and 80 M Street SE in Washington, D.C. Trevor has also negotiated lease and other occupancy agreements with WeWork in Manhattan.
- Revlon in the negotiation of the construction contract to build its multi-floor headquarters at One New York Plaza.
- IMPACCT Brooklyn in its leasing program to assist a variety of retail and office tenants establish themselves in its Fulton Street business development zone in Brooklyn.
Honors & Awards
- Crain's New York Business, Real Estate Rising Star
- The Legal 500 United States
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star
- Real Estate Weekly, Rising Star
- Board of Advisors, Commercial Lease Law Insider
- Board of Directors, Broadway Housing Communities, Inc.
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
Speeches & Events
- Panelist, "Navigating the Climate Mobilization Act: Steps to Take Today," Stroock and REBNY, July 8, 2020
- Commercial leasing presenter, Disaster Assistance Training for Small Businesses by The City Bar Justice Center’s Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project (NELP), New York, NY, October 29, 2013
- Commercial leasing presenter, Small Business Legal Academy by the Association of Pro Bono Counsel and NELP, New York, NY, November 13, 2012
- Commercial leasing presenter, Pratt Area Community Counsel’s Small Business and Marketing Workshop Series (recurring quarterly), Brooklyn, NY
- Co-Author, “NY City Council Passes Expansion of Climate Mobilization Act for Residential Properties," Stroock Client Alert, October 30, 2020
- Co-author, “What Commercial Landlords Should Know About the NY Damages Mitigation Bill," Stroock Special Bulletin, July 30, 2020
- Co-author, “5 Key Considerations as Climate Mobilization Act Draws Near," Stroock Special Bulletin, July 1, 2020
- Co-author, “‘Reopening’ Considerations for Funds and Asset Managers,” Stroock Special Bulletin, June 5, 2020
- Co-author, “Timeline for Restarting NYC Development and Construction Begins to Take Shape,” Stroock Special Bulletin, May 18, 2020
- Co-author, "Landlord Concerns for ‘Reentry’ – A Deeper Dive," Stroock Special Bulletin, May 11, 2020
- Co-author, "Some Practical Building Reentry Concerns for Landlords and Tenants," Stroock Special Bulletin, April 29, 2020
- Co-author, "What Cuomo’s ‘on PAUSE’ Order Means for the Real Estate Industry," Stroock Special Bulletin, March 23, 2020
- Co-author, "Rent Abatements and Other Relief for COVID-19 Business Disruptions?," Stroock Special Bulletin, March 17, 2020
- Co-author, "COVID-19: Practical Steps for Landlords and Tenants," Stroock Special Bulletin, March 16, 2020
- Co-author, “The NYC Climate Mobilization Act: Examining Relief Provisions,” Stroock Special Bulletin, March 2, 2020
- "Privacy Implications of Commercial Office Building Security Technology in the Post - 9/11 Era," The Columbia Science and Technology Law Review, January 29, 2007
Admitted To Practice
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2007; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
M.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 2004
B.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 2004