Sheri Guerami practices in all areas of complex commercial litigation with an emphasis in financial services litigation.
Sheri represents financial institutions, including banks, lenders, loan servicers and automobile lenders at both the trial and appellate levels. Sheri has extensive experience litigating claims under the Fair Credit Report Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Homeowner Bill of Rights, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Truth In Lending Act, and their state law equivalents.
Sheri also counsels corporate clients in the business, entertainment and health care industries on breach of contract, bad faith, unfair business practices, fraud and business torts claims.
- Successfully defended a major California health plan against $6.6 million claim by broker agencies for alleged improper underpayments and withholdings.
- Secured a favorable settlement for a major health care service plan in a provider dispute involving thousands of hospital patient claims.
- Obtained a multimillion dollar award for a premier celebrity auction house in an action for breach of contract arising out of a canceled auction.
- Represented employer before the Labor Commissioner in a wrongful termination dispute that culminated in a hearing.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, “Rising Star”
Admitted To Practice
U.S. District Court: Central District of California; U.S. District Court: Northern District of California; U.S. District Court: Eastern District of California; U.S. District Court: Eastern District of California
B.A., University of California – Los Angeles, 2005
J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2009
In The Spotlight
NewsBack To Full Bio
September 13, 2019 | Press Release
67 Stroock Attorneys Recognized as 2019 ‘Super Lawyers,’ ‘Rising Stars’