Robert Mantel represents financial institutions, corporations, and individuals in all aspects of complex commercial litigation, regulatory enforcement and government investigations. He has litigated in both federal and state courts, as well as in alternative dispute resolution forums.
Robert also has extensive pro bono experience, and has represented clients in matters related to disability benefits, housing, unemployment insurance and immigration status.
Robert previously served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Joseph E. lrenas, Senior United States District Judge, in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- A four-thousand member plaintiff class in remedial phase of Title VII class action
- A foreign media company in wrongful termination breach of contract dispute
- A foreign financial institution in connection with bankruptcy risks associated with debtors’ corporate structure
- A public company in action against former officers for breach of contract and fiduciary duties
- A privately held financial services firm in connection with FINRA examination
- A financial institution in dispute involving claims for racketeering, unfair competition, misappropriation of confidential information and trade secrets, and tortious interference
Honors & Awards
- Legal Services NYC’s Top 30 Pro Bono Attorneys of 2014
Admitted To Practice
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Clerk, Hon. Joseph E. Irenas, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2012
M.A., Hunter College, CUNY, Adolescent English Education, 2009
B.A., magna cum laude, New York University, 2007