Peter focuses his practice on M&A and private equity transactions. He represents U.S. and multinational corporations, private equity firms, and financial institutions in connection with leveraged buyouts, mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and related financings. Peter also advises on venture capital investments, joint ventures, strategic collaborations and general aspects of corporate law and financings.
- An education financing company in connection with its merger with an American financial services company and sale of $28 billion of assets to Sallie Mae and Citigroup.
- A capital markets operator in connection with its investment in an operator of an electronic corporate bond trading platform.
- A foreign exchange electronic trading operator in connection with its sale of equity to an operator of specialty finance, investment and merchant banking, technology, and software companies.
- An international contractor of offshore deepwater drilling services operating semi-submersible oil platforms and underwater drillships in connection with its $2.7 billion cash and stock acquisition by an offshore drilling contractor.
- An operator of finance, environmental protection, real estate, and urban infrastructure investment and a consortium of investors in connection with their proposed acquisition of a stock exchange.
- A consortium of investors in their bid to acquire an automated equity options market exchange.
- A capital markets operator in connection with its investment in a provider of software for users of “Big Data.”
- A private equity division of an investment advisory group in connection with its spin-out and the launch of a new private equity fund.
- A multinational steel manufacturing company in connection with its U.S. $4 billion acquisition of an American steel company.
- An American multinational telecommunications company in connection with the U.S. $2 billion sale of its international cellular networks interests to a Spanish multinational telecommunications company.
- An international drilling and energy services provider in its U.S. $2 billion merger-of-equals with a British-headquartered specialist provider of installation, maintenance and repairs of submarine communications cable for the telecommunications, oil and gas, and deep sea research industries.
- A financial institution in connection with the $2.4 billion sale of a California-based bank to a French international banking group.
- A wealth management provider in the acquisition of a fixed-income, derivatives, and ETF electronic trading platform for institutional, wholesale, and retail investors and dealers.
- An independent, publicly traded renewable energy company and its power company division in connection with the sale of their power generation operations in Chile, consisting principally of a wind project and a solar project, to an affiliated Texas-based private equity firm.
- A publicly traded biopharmaceutical company in connection with the formation of a joint venture with a drug development and therapeutics company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of a broad range of RNA-based therapeutics.
- A Norwegian multinational telecommunications company in connection with its acquisition of a mobile internet advertising company.
- A global specialist alternative asset manager focusing primarily on infrastructure, private equity and property investment and a New Zealand infrastructure investor in connection with their $100 million investment in a U.S. renewable energy developer.
- A Swiss fund manager in connection with its proposed acquisition of a U.S.-based investment adviser.
- An investment firm in more than a dozen acquisitions of various portfolio companies and a utility.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., Amherst College