Peter Marshall is an associate in the Los Angeles office where he practices in the firm's Real Estate Department.
Peter’s practice includes a broad range of commercial real estate transactions including acquisitions and dispositions, sale-leasebacks, 1031 exchanges, leasing, construction and development, financings, re-financings and joint ventures. He represents landlords, tenants, buyers, sellers, brokers, owners, contractors, borrowers, lenders, and REITs among others.
Prior to joining Stroock in 2021, Peter worked as an associate at Raines Feldman LLP in Century City following graduation from UCLA School of Law in 2017. He later worked in an Of Counsel capacity with Kurichety Law PC.
Acquisitions/Dispositions and Joint Ventures
- Represented a Korean institutional asset management company in connection with its $340,000,000.00 joint-venture acquisition of a 368,000-square-foot office and retail mixed-use property in Boston, Massachusetts known as Congress Square.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in connection with multiple acquisitions and dispositions of multifamily properties throughout the Southwest including: $221,000,000.00 disposition of a 5-property, 1,305-unit portfolio of apartments located in Dallas and Plano, Texas; $82,000,000.00 acquisition and financing of a 232-unit multi-family property located in Upland, California; and the $48,000,000.00 acquisition and financing of a 204-unit multi-family property located in Sacramento, California, among many others throughout Utah, Colorado, and Arizona.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT focused on ground leased properties in connection with its $126,000,000.00 acquisition and transfer of a ground lease for a 455-unit apartment community located in Larkspur, California.
- Represented an institutional commercial real estate services and investment firm, as borrower, in connection with multiple borrowing transactions including: the procurement of a $116,000,000.00 loan secured by two 6-story class-A office buildings in San Jose, California; the procurement of a $55,000,000.00 loan secured by a 320-unit multi-family property located in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania; and the procurement of a $45,300,000.00 loan secured by a 175-unit multi-family property located in Evanston, Illinois.
- Represented a large regional bank, as lender, in connection with the origination of multiple loans intended for acquisition, development, and construction across all asset classes, in addition to re-financings and loan modifications including: origination of a $20,000,000.00 loan collateralized by a 296-unit multi-family property in Fontana, California; the refinancing of a construction loan originally used for an industrial storage facility in Henderson, Nevada for $13,100,000.00; and countless other sub-$10,000,000.00 loans usually with quick turnaround times, mainly throughout Southern California.
- Drafted and negotiated nationwide tenant-side retail leases for a national publicly-traded retailer, including: adjacent to the Strip in Las Vegas, Nevada; in Key West, Miami Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Orlando and other locations throughout Florida; adjacent to Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts; on Fifth Avenue and Erie Boulevard in New York; the Loop in Chicago, Illinois; in addition to Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, LAX, West Hollywood, Long Beach, San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco, and other locations throughout California.
- Represented a real estate development firm in connection with the drafting and negotiation of numerous landlord-side office leases in the Norwalk Government Center Building in Los Angeles, California.
- Represented an immersive digital art museum in connection with the review and negotiation of the lease (and work letter) for its 7,000-square-foot museum inside the Venetian in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Construction & Development
- Drafted form architecture and construction agreements for clients including custom construction agreements; supplemental conditions for use with AIA or DBIA construction agreements; and revised AIA construction agreements to be owner or contractor friendly, as required, for nearly the entire A and B series of AIA agreements (including cost plus contracts, guaranteed maximum price contracts, master service agreements, long-form agreements, short-form agreements, demolition contracts, change orders and others).
- American Bar Association
- Irish American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Beverly Reid O'Connell (9th Cir. C.D. Cal.)
- LL.M., UCLA School of Law, 2017
- LL.B., Trinity College, University of Dublin, 2016