Jonathan focuses his practice in Corporate and Private Funds. He not only advises his clients on mergers and acquisitions and investment advisory but also in the areas of CFIUS reviews, industrial security, and FOCI mitigation matters. Jonathan also works on various debt and finance matters.
- Atlas Merchant Capital, as co-lead investor, in the $2.05 billion acquisition of Talcott Resolution, the run-off life insurance and annuity division of The Hartford.
- Representation of a foreign pension fund before CFIUS in connection with a multi-billion dollar transaction.
- FOCI mitigation arrangements in compliance with national industrial security regulations.
- Co-author, Bankruptcy Can Trigger CFIUS Review, Stroock Client Alert, May 10, 2021
- Co-author, “SEC Division of Examinations Announces its 2021 Examination Priorities and Fiscal Year 2020 Results,” Stroock Client Alert, March 5, 2021
- Co-author, "New Year, New NISPOM," Stoock Client Alert, February 24, 2021
- Co-author, “CFIUS Initiatives Signal Opportunities for Some Foreign Investors,” Stroock Client Alert, February 4, 2021
- Co-author, “NID Requirements Further Liberalized for NTIB Countries,” Stroock Client Alert, December 1, 2020
- Co-author, “Déjà vu All Over Again: Biden’s CFIUS Should Feel Familiar,” Stroock Client Alert, November 23, 2020
- Co-author, “Foreign Investments in the U.S. Insurance Industry Are Subject to Potential Review by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States,” Stroock Client Alert, October 23, 2020
- Co-author, “This Week: New Rules Affect Mandatory CFIUS Filings and Export Controls,” Stroock Client Alert, October 13, 2020
- Co-author, “SEC Identifies Top 6 Investment Advisory Fee and Expense Compliance Issues for Investment Advisers,” Stroock Special Bulletin, April 19, 2018.
Admitted To Practice
J.D., New York University School of Law, 2017
B.A., University of Chicago, 2014