Ira Teicher, a partner in Stroock’s Real Estate Practice Group, represents developers and institutional and non-institutional investors in the acquisition, disposition, development, financing and management of commercial and residential assets. He has represented hedge funds, pension funds and other real estate opportunity funds in joint ventures with, among others, Codina Partners, Flagler Development, Mill Creek, Residential Trust, The Related Cos. and Samuels & Associates.
Ira has been selected as one of 40 honorees in the Daily Business Review’s 2015 class of Rising Stars. He also has been nationally recommended by The Legal 500 and listed in Best Lawyers.
- A pension fund in connection with acquisition of iconic office building (f/k/a the Wachovia Financial Center) in Downtown Miami Central Business District;
- A joint venture between pension fund and Flagler Development in connection with construction financing utilized to develop an office building in Coral Gables for Bacardi USA on a build-to-suit basis;
- A pension fund in connection with formation of joint venture with Codina Partners for acquisition and redevelopment of office park in the City of Doral for office, residential, retail and civic uses;
- A joint venture between an institutional investor and Mill Creek in connection with the acquisition of a multifamily property in Broward County, Florida for an amount in excess of $115,000,000;
- A joint venture between an opportunity fund and Crescent Real Estate Equities in connection with sale of Miami Center;
- A pension fund in connection with acquisition of a 49-property portfolio in Texas comprised of warehouse, office and retail space for approximately $600,000,000; and
- A pension fund in connection with the acquisition of Landmark Center in Boston, Massachusetts for an amount in excess of $525,000,000 and subsequent $250,000,000 financing from two life insurance companies.
Honors & Awards
- Daily Business Review, Rising Star
- The Legal 500 United States
- Best Lawyers
Admitted To Practice
Florida; New York
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2002; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
B.A., magna cum laude, Columbia College, 1997
In The Spotlight
NewsBack To Full Bio
August 15, 2019 | Best Lawyers
47 Stroock Lawyers Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2020
July 31, 2019 | Sun Sentinel
Ira Teicher Discusses South Florida Retail Space Trends With the Sun Sentinel
10/15/18 | Authority Magazine
Ira Teicher featured in “The Future of Retail Over the Next Five Years”
October 12, 2018 | Thrive Global
Ira Teicher featured in “To Thrive and Prevent Burnout, You Must Feel Personally Invested in the Success of Your Clients”
January 2, 2018 | REBusiness Online
Ira Teicher and John-Paul Ovadia mentioned in "Stroock Arranges $90M Sale of New Apartment Community in Broward County"
December 27, 2017 | Global Legal Chronicle
Ira Teicher and John-Paul Ovadia mentioned in "JPMorgan Asset Management’s $90 Million Acquisition of Luxury Apartment Complex in Hollywood, FL"
December 22, 2017
Stroock Represents JPMorgan Asset Management in $90 Million Acquisition of Luxury Apartment Complex in Hollywood, FL
December 15, 2017 | Law360
Ira Teicher and John-Paul Ovadia mentioned in "Gunster, Stroock Steer $90M Fla. Apartment Complex Deal"
August 15, 2017
47 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2018
June 2, 2017
Stroock Receives High Honors in 13 Practices from The Legal 500 United States 2017: 37 Stroock Attorneys Recognized
May 30, 2017 | Daily Business Review
Ira Teicher quoted in "What Slowdown? Real Estate Lawyers Say They’re Still Busy Despite Market Cooling"
April 20, 2017
Real Estate Forum and GlobeSt Honor Five Separate Stroock Transactions Nationally for Best Deals of 2016
November 11, 2016 | The Miami Herald
Paul A. Shelowitz and Ira K. Teicher quoted in “What will Trump's Presidency Mean for Miami's Real Estate?”
September 15, 2016 | Law360
"Stroock Represents JPMorgan in $220 Million Sale of Fort Lauderdale Office Tower"
July 22, 2015 | Daily Business Review
Ira K. Teicher Selected as a 2015 Daily Business Review Rising Star
January 17, 2012
Stroock Names New Special Counsel
PublicationsBack To Full Bio
April 6, 2020 | Stroock Special Bulletin
SBA’s $349 Billion Business Relief Program Is Off to a Bumpy Start
April 1, 2020 | Stroock Special Bulletin
Pre-Negotiation Letters During COVID-19
March 30, 2020 | Stroock Special Bulletin
Stroock’s Guide to the CARES Act’s Business Loan Lifeline
March 24, 2020 | Stroock Special Bulletin
Legal and Practical Risks: How COVID-19 Is Complicating Real Estate Closings