Eric Requenez represents fund sponsors and investors in the formation, structuring and capitalization of investment funds as well as other securities offerings, regulatory and compliance matters, transactions and other corporate matters.
He advises fund sponsors and placement agents in the structuring, negotiation and capitalization of U.S. and non-U.S. private funds, including private equity funds, real estate funds, credit funds, energy and infrastructure funds, hedge funds, hybrid funds, fund-of-funds, and venture capital funds. Eric also advises clients on the formation of related advisory and management entities.
Eric advises clients in the development, structuring, operation and regulation of closed-end funds, business development companies and mutual funds. He has represented fund sponsors and underwriters in initial public offerings and secondary market financings of closed-end funds and business development companies, including at-the-market, debt, convertible debt and preferred securities offerings.
In addition, Eric counsels investment funds and their directors and investment advisers in transactional, regulatory and compliance related to the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Volcker Rule.
- The Legal 500 United States
- Panelist, “Rapid Fire: Cutting Edge Topics Real Estate Professionals Need to Know Now,” USC Gould School of Law 2018 Real Estate Law and Business Forum, April 12, 2018
- Co-author, “Proposed Revisions to the Volcker Rule’s Implementing Rules – Select Proposals and Open Questions,” Real Estate Finance Journal, July 2, 2018
- Co-author, “SEC Proposes Regulation Best Interest And Other New Standards Of Conduct For Broker-Dealers And Investment Advisers,” Stroock Special Bulletin, April 30, 2018
- Co-author, “SEC Identifies Top 6 Investment Advisory Fee and Expense Compliance Issues for Investment Advisers,” Stroock Special Bulletin, April 19, 2018
- Co-author, “SEC Proposes Amendments to Regulation S-K to Simplify and Modernize Disclosure Requirements,” Stroock Special Bulletin, October 23, 2017
- Co-author, “OCI Issues Risk Alert Highlighting the Most Frequent Advertising Rule Compliance Issues,” Stroock Special Bulletin, October 2, 2017
- “Lessons From SEC Sanctions Against Blackstreet,” Law360, June 10, 2016
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2007
B.A., Columbia University, 2004
June 1, 2018|Press ReleaseStroock Receives Honors in 16 Practices from The Legal 500 United States 2018:
38 Stroock Lawyers Recognized
October 2, 2017|New York Law JournalEric Requenez mentioned in "On the Move"
September 25, 2017|ReutersEric Requenez mentioned in "Career Tracker: Lawyers on the Move"
September 22, 2017|Hedge Fund Legal & Compliance DigestEric Requenez mentioned and Jeff Keitelman quoted in "Stroock Snags Private Funds Partner Eric Requenez"
September 20, 2017|citybizlistEric Requenez quoted in “Stroock Adds Partner Eric Requenez”
September 20, 2017|HedgeweekEric Requenez quoted in "Stroock adds partner to Private Funds Group"
September 20, 2017|AxiosEric Requenez mentioned in "Axios It’s Personnel"
September 20, 2017|IFLR1000Eric Requenez mentioned in "Stroock swoops for funds partner in NYC"
September 19, 2017|Press ReleaseStroock Expands Private Funds Group with Addition of Partner Eric Requenez
Summer 2018|Real Estate Finance Journal“Proposed Revisions to the Volcker Rule’s Implementing Rules — Select Proposals and Open Questions”July 2, 2018|Stroock Special Bulletin“Proposed Revisions to the Volcker Rule’s Implementing Rules – Select Proposals and Open Questions”April 30, 2018|Stroock Special Bulletin“SEC Proposes Regulation Best Interest And Other New Standards Of Conduct For Broker-Dealers And Investment Advisers”April 19, 2018|Stroock Special Bulletin“SEC Identifies Top 6 Investment Advisory Fee and Expense Compliance Issues for Investment Advisers”October 23, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin