- Speeches & Events
Eric Requenez represents private and public investment funds, fund sponsors, investment advisers, investment banks and other financial institutions in connection with the structuring and distribution of investment funds and products, securities offerings, regulatory and compliance matters, transactions and other corporate matters.
He advises fund sponsors and placement agents in the structuring, negotiation and capitalization of U.S. and non-U.S. private funds, including private equity funds, hedge funds, hybrid funds, fund-of-funds, real estate funds, energy and infrastructure funds and venture capital funds, as well as the formation of related advisory and management entities.
Eric also advises clients in the development, structuring, operation and regulation of closed-end funds, business development companies and mutual funds. He has represented fund sponsors and underwriters in initial public offerings and secondary market financings of closed-end funds and business development companies, including at-the-market, debt, convertible debt and preferred securities offerings.
In addition, Eric counsels investment funds and their boards of directors and investment advisers in connection with transactional, regulatory and compliance issues related to the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Volcker Rule, including in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
SPEECHES & EVENTS
- Panelist, “Rapid Fire: Cutting Edge Topics Real Estate Professionals Need to Know Now,” USC Gould School of Law 2018 Real Estate Law and Business Forum, April 12, 2018
- Co-author, “SEC Identifies Top 6 Investment Advisory Fee and Expense Compliance Issues for Investment Advisers,” Stroock Special Bulletin, April 19, 2018
- Co-author, "SEC Proposes Amendments to Regulation S-K to Simplify and Modernize Disclosure Requirements," Stroock Special Bulletin, October 23, 2017
- "OCIE Issues Risk Alert Highlighting the Most Frequent Advertising Rule Compliance Issues," Stroock Special Bulletin, October 2, 2017
- "Lessons From SEC Sanctions Against Blackstreet,” Law360, June 10, 2016
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2007
B.A., Columbia University, 2004
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Eric Requenez mentioned in "On the Move"
October 2, 2017|As mentioned in: New York Law Journal
Eric Requenez mentioned in "Career Tracker: Lawyers on the Move"
September 25, 2017|As mentioned in: Reuters
Eric Requenez mentioned and Jeff Keitelman quoted in "Stroock Snags Private Funds Partner Eric Requenez"
September 22, 2017|As mentioned in: Hedge Fund Legal & Compliance Digest
Eric Requenez mentioned in "Stroock swoops for funds partner in NYC"
September 20, 2017|As mentioned in: IFLR1000
Eric Requenez mentioned in "Axios It’s Personnel"
September 20, 2017|As mentioned in: Axios
Eric Requenez quoted in "Stroock adds partner to Private Funds Group"
September 20, 2017|As mentioned in: Hedgeweek
Eric Requenez quoted in “Stroock Adds Partner Eric Requenez”
September 20, 2017|As mentioned in: citybizlist
Stroock Expands Private Funds Group with Addition of Partner Eric Requenez
September 19, 2017|Press Release
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
“SEC Proposes Regulation Best Interest And Other New Standards Of Conduct For Broker-Dealers And Investment Advisers”
April 30, 2018|Stroock Special Bulletin
- “SEC Identifies Top 6 Investment Advisory Fee and Expense Compliance Issues for Investment Advisers”April 19, 2018|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "SEC Proposes Amendments to Regulation S-K to Simplify and Modernize Disclosure Requirements"October 23, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "OCIE Issues Risk Alert Highlighting the Most Frequent Advertising Rule Compliance Issues"October 2, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin
EVENTSBack To Full Bio
- “SEC Identifies Top 6 Investment Advisory Fee and Expense Compliance Issues for Investment Advisers”