Ms. Ellice began practicing law in Stroock’s New York office and is admitted to practice in state and federal courts there. In Los Angeles, Ms. Ellice represents both individuals and corporate clients, such as international film distributors, private equity funds, investment management companies, investment banks, securities brokerage firms and national banks, and retail companies. Ms. Ellice has significant experience in all phases of litigation and is valued for bringing a balance of creativity, efficiency, and practicality to resolving disputes.
Ms. Ellice earned her undergraduate degree in business from McGill University and her juris doctorate from Emory University School of Law. Prior to beginning her legal career, Ms. Ellice worked as a media planner for an advertising agency in New York City where she managed multi-million dollar media budgets in executing national and regional marketing plans.
Ms. Ellice also is actively involved in representing clients in pro bono matters and serves as lead trial counsel for asylum cases contested by the Department of Homeland Security. Ms. Ellice is a three-time recipient of Stroock’s Public Service Project Award for commitment to and achievements in pro bono work.
- Successfully opposed class certification on behalf of national retailer in putative class action alleging violations of the Song-Beverly Act.
- Defended well-known film and television producer in a defamation lawsuit.
- Represented underwriter defendants in two class action lawsuits in the Central District of California alleging violations of the Securities Act of 1933 in connection with public offerings of common stock in Chinese companies.
- Defended an investment management company and its principals in a FINRA arbitration regarding a stock purchase transaction on the Indonesian Stock Exchange.
- Defended a national bank in a film finance dispute against a foreign distributor’s RICO, fraud, breach of contract and other claims relating to the financing of over 20 independent films. The case was tried before a three-person arbitration panel over the course of seven weeks. In addition to a complete defense verdict for the bank and its officers, the bank was awarded in excess of $9 million in attorneys’ fees.
- Represented a well-known auction house in a dispute with an international art dealer over more than $16 million of artwork in New York state court. Successfully resolved the case and obtained complete dismissal of a counter-suit.
- Represented an international film distributor in a licensing and copyright dispute and obtained final resolution in favor of client based primarily on novel arguments under Section 204(a) of the Copyright Act.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star
- Board Member, Courage Campaign
Admitted To Practice
California; New York
U.S. District Court: Eastern District of New York, 2009; U.S. District Court: Southern District of New York, 2009; U.S. District Court: Central District of California, 2011; U.S. District Court: Northern District of California, 2011; U.S. District Court: Southern District of California, 2011; U.S. District Court: Eastern District of California, 2011; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2007
BCom., McGill University, 2002
In The Spotlight
NewsBack To Full Bio
September 20, 2019 | Century City Chamber of Commerce
Christine Ellice Receives Chamber of Commerce ‘Women of Achievement’ Honor
September 13, 2019 | Press Release
67 Stroock Attorneys Recognized as 2019 ‘Super Lawyers,’ ‘Rising Stars’
December 20, 2017 | Bloomberg Big Law Business
Trevor Adler, Jake Loftus, André Nance, Arjun Rao, Jason Sobel, E. Gail Suchman, Nicole De Bare, Christine Ellice, Hans Hertell, David Kahne and Daniel Park mentioned in "Wrap-Up: Holidays Bring Law Firm Promotions, Hires"
December 20, 2017 | Property Funds World
Jeff Keitelman quoted and Trevor Adler, Jake Loftus, André Nance, Arjun Rao, Jason Sobel, E. Gail Suchman, Nicole De Bare, Christine Ellice, Hans Hertell, David Kahne and Daniel Park mentioned in "Stroock appoints 11 new partners and special counsel"
December 18, 2017
Stroock Elevates 11 New Partners and Special Counsel