Brian Rogers advises hedge funds, private equity funds, financial institutions and private companies in a variety of debt financing transactions in all levels of the capital structure, including, leveraged buyouts, restructurings, rescue financings and other special situation transactions. Brian’s practice also includes a focus on structured transactions involving commodities and derivatives.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of lenders in connection with the pre-arranged chapter 11 case of Panda Temple Power LLC, which included debtor-in-possession financings and $210 million of exit financing in the form of first lien notes and second lien notes.
- Represented a leading international financial institution in a secured debtor-in-possession intermediation facility to Philadelphia Energy Solutions.
- Represented a syndicate of leading international financial institutions in connection with a $1.1 billion cross-border senior secured facility to finance assets in connection with Macquarie’s acquisition of Cargill’s power and gas business.
- Represented a leading international financial institution in providing a senior secured term credit facility and secured intermediation facility in connection with One Rock Capital’s acquisition and ongoing operations of Chevron’s Hawaiian refining, distribution and retail assets.
- Represented a leading international financial institution in a cross-border secured inventory monetization transaction with a publicly traded Canadian steel refiner.
- Represented a leading commodity dealer in a secured inventory repurchase transaction with a steelwork manufacturer to finance portions of the company’s steel slab and hot rolled coil.
Speeches & Events
- Speaker, "Structuring Prepayment Transactions in the Commodities Markets," Strafford Webinar, February 11, 2021
- Co-author, "COVID-19 Risks For Over-The-Counter Derivatives Markets," Law360, March 19, 2020
Admitted To Practice
J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2013
B.S., University of South Florida, 2009