Austin, an associate in Stroock’s Real Estate Practice Group, assists developers and institutional and non-institutional investors in the acquisition, disposition, development, financing and management of real estate assets in various sectors.
Austin works on complex issues involving ground leases, condominiums, timeshares, portfolios, distressed properties and repurchase financings.
- Assisted a leading global financial services firm in making a $415 million loan to a California real estate company secured by fee mortgages, senior mezzanine pledges and junior mezzanine pledges on two beachfront luxury hotel properties in Santa Monica, CA and in post-closing syndication of the loan.
- Assisted a multinational investment bank in restructuring a real estate fund with a gross asset value of approximately $43 billion and comprised of over 200 real estate investments to establish REIT structuring, widen the investor base and implement tax efficiencies.
- Assisted a joint venture between a major state-run foreign investment corporation and a domestic real estate company in a $1 billion acquisition of a 49 percent interest in a midtown Manhattan trophy office tower.
- Assisted a multinational investment bank and financial services company in the $195 million sale of a mixed-use tower in Chicago, IL.
- Assisted a global investment firm in a $243 million take-private acquisition of an international business technology management company with various domestic and international real estate assets.
- Assisted a leading private investment firm in a $176 million term loan to a global automotive supplier secured in part by mortgages on borrower’s industrial real estate assets in Michigan and Alabama.
Admitted To Practice
J.D., New York University School of Law, 2016; Editor-in-Chief, NYU Annual Survey of American Law
B.A., magna cum laude, Florida State University, 2012