Albert Singer represents developers, lenders, borrowers, landlords and tenants in a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, focusing on acquisitions, dispositions, financing, development and leasing of various commercial real estate assets, including office buildings, shopping centers, multifamily residential projects, government real estate and hotels.
Albert has been selected by Best Lawyers In America for inclusion on Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch In America 2023 list in the specialty of Real Estate Law.
- A publicly traded REIT in the over $635M acquisition of a 10-property portfolio comprised of buildings located in 7 different states containing an aggregate of over 1.2 million rentable square feet leased to the U.S. federal government.
- A publicly traded REIT in the over $205M sale of a 10-property portfolio comprised of buildings located in 8 different states containing an aggregate of ~671,000 rentable square feet leased to the U.S. federal government.
- A publicly traded REIT in the $119M acquisition of a ~495,000 square foot office building leased to the U.S. federal government located in Missouri, including a $51.5M loan assumption.
- A publicly traded REIT in the $70.35M acquisition of a 138,000 square foot office building leased to the U.S. federal government located in Florida.
- A privately held asset management firm in the $306.5M acquisition of the ground tenant interest of two office buildings aggregating ~656,000 square feet located in Brooklyn, New York, one of which houses FDNY’s headquarters, with the other occupied by the New York City Department of Information, Technology & Telecommunications and the NYPD 911 Emergency Dispatch Center. Both buildings are considered mission critical.
- A privately held asset management firm in the over $204M acquisition of an office complex containing 3-buildings aggregating ~375,000 rentable square feet and a parking garage located in Arlington, Virginia.
- A privately held global real estate investment firm in the $305M acquisition of a Class A office building containing ~546,000 square feet located in Washington, D.C. The building is predominantly occupied by the Federal Communications Commission, as its new headquarters.
- A publicly traded REIT in the $170M sale of an office building containing ~166,000 rentable square feet located in New York, New York.
- A publicly traded REIT in the $129M sale of a ~12.5 acre office campus located in Massachusetts comprised of two office buildings aggregating ~440,000 square feet and two parking garages.
- A pension fund in the over $318M sale of a 15-property portfolio located in Texas comprised of industrial warehouse buildings containing an aggregate of ~3.2M square feet.
- A pension fund in the over $113M sale of a ~128 acre industrial warehouse property located in Texas.
- A pension fund in the $52.75M sale of a ~38 acre industrial warehouse property located in Texas.
- The government of an eastern European country in its acquisition of a property located in Washington, D.C. to be used for chancery purposes.
- A lender in the $52.3M financing of the acquisition and construction of a continuum of care senior living facility located in New York.
- A lender in the $24.3M financing of the acquisition and construction of an assisted living and memory care facility located in New York.
- Various landlords and tenants in the preparation of office and retail leases, subleases, amendments, assignments and SNDAs.
Admitted To Practice
District of Columbia; New York; New Jersey; Texas
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2023
J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston, 2013; South Texas Law Review, Note & Comment Editor, 2012-2013
B.S., University of Houston, 2007
- “Loan Purchases: Lenders and Investors Weathering the COVID-19 Economic Downturn to Find the Other Side of the Rainbow,” Real Estate Finance Journal, Spring 2021
- Co-author, "The Nuts and Bolts of Loan Purchases and Sales (Part 1: Purchaser Due Diligence)," Stroock Client Alert, March 1, 2021
- Co-author, "New Opportunities for Investors to Drive the Reset of CRE," Commercial Property Executive, February 8, 2021
- Co-author, “Loan Purchases: Lenders and Investors Weathering the COVID-19 Economic Downturn to Find Opportunity,” Stroock Client Alert, December 2, 2020
- Co-author, “Maryland, Virginia to See Increases in Transfer and Recordation Taxes,” Stroock Special Bulletin, June 24, 2020
- Co-author, “D.C. Council Approves Increase in Transfer, Recordation Taxes,” Stroock Special Bulletin, June 3, 2019
- D.C. Office Representative, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan Associates' Committee
Speeches & Events
- Speaker, "Post-Closing Responsibilities When Selling or Purchasing Real Estate Leased to the Federal Government," 12th Annual National Conference of the National Federal Development Association, October 18, 2022