Ankush Israni advises on a broad range of commercial real estate matters, including joint ventures, senior debt and mezzanine financing, purchase and sale, loan sale agreements, fintech issues and leases. He represents institutional and non-institutional investors, including private equity funds, real estate investment companies and real estate investment trusts, in all aspects of transactions and property management. Most recently, he served as a deputy general counsel for an award-winning investment platform focused on real estate debt.
Most recently, he served as a deputy general counsel for an award-winning investment platform focused on real estate debt.
Ankush was named as a Fellow of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity for 2020, participating in a landmark program to identify, train and advance the next generation of leaders in the legal profession.
Ankush’s transactions include:
- Represented the senior lender in a debt facility which included borrower mezzanine financing and negotiated the related intercreditor agreement.
- Represented a real estate financial technology startup in its $200 million forward flow loan sale agreement with a large public REIT.
- Represented a privately held commercial real estate company in the joint venture purchase, and related debt financing of a 24-property industrial, office and retail portfolio located in 12 states for $224 million.
- Represented a U.S. subsidiary of an international, family-owned business group on joint venture and acquisition transactions and subsequent financings of office complexes in Miami, Florida, Houston, Texas and Washington, D.C.
- Represented a large national mortgage lender in connection with a $120 million first mortgage financing secured by a 1.2 million-square-foot business park, which was also being financed by mezzanine debt. Negotiated the related intercreditor agreement between the senior lender and the mezzanine lender.
- Represented the borrower in its master repurchase loan agreement for $50 million from a large European bank.
- Represented the senior lender on its CMBS financings of office buildings in Los Angeles.
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2020
Speeches & Events
- Speaker, “E-Signatures and Electronic Loan Documentation in Real Estate Finance: ESIGN and UETA, Interplay With UCC,” Strafford CLE Webinar, February 13, 2020
Admitted To Practice
J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2010; Dean’s List, First Honors Award – Mergers & Acquisitions
B.A., cum laude, California State University, Fullerton, 2006
In The Spotlight
NewsBack To Full Bio
February 21, 2020 | Press Release
Ankush Israni Named a Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow
January 7, 2020 | Law360
Ankush Israni Discusses California Real Estate Legislation to Watch in 2020
January 3, 2020 | Law360
Ankush Israni Looks at Calif. Housing Laws in Law360 Article on 2020 Outlook
November 4, 2019 | GlobeSt.com, Connect CRE News
Stroock Featured on GlobeSt.com, Connect Media for Century Plaza Towers Refi
June 27, 2019 | RE Business Online
Stroock’s Landmark San Diego Sale Featured in RE Business Online
June 26, 2019 | Global Legal Chronicle
Loryn Arkow and Ankush Israni Mentioned in the Global Legal Chronicle
June 25, 2019 | Globe St.
Loryn Arkow and Ankush Israni Mentioned in Globe St.
June 24, 2019 | San Diego Business Journal
Loryn Arkow and Ankush Israni Mentioned in San Diego Business Journal