Trevor Adler advises clients in commercial real estate matters, with a particular emphasis on complex leasing transactions. He has expertise in negotiating leases, subleases, licenses, construction contracts and acquisition agreements for office, retail, co-working, non-profit and educational space in New York City and nationally on behalf of major landlords, tenants, purchasers, sellers, managers and principals. Recent representations in Manhattan include Edward J. Minskoff Equities in the complete lease-up of 51 Astor Place, and the Visiting Nurse Service of New York in negotiating a 30-year headquarters occupancy transaction for 300,000 square feet in the landmark former News Building on 42nd Street.
Trevor is the lead pro bono counsel to IMPACCT Brooklyn, a non-profit that promotes affordable housing, small business and cultural diversity projects. He is also a member of the executive committee of the board of directors of Broadway Housing Communities, Inc., a nationally recognized not-for-profit developer of supportive and affordable housing in upper Manhattan.
- Minskoff Equities in its leasing program of approximately 400,000 square feet of office, educational and retail space at 51 Astor Place, including office tenants IBM, 1stdibs and Mail Online, educational tenant St. John’s University, and retail tenants CVS, Shake Shack, Chop’t Salad, Bluestone Lane, Flywheel Sports and Orangetheory Fitness.
- The Durst Organization in its sale of leasehold condominium interests, and the leasing, of office space at 205 E. 42nd Street, including long-term occupancy transactions with CUNY and United Way, and a lease of more than 120,000 square feet of office space.
- Pace University in the acquisition and restructuring of long-term ground lease condominium interests for student housing at 180 Broadway and 33 Beekman.
- Visiting Nurse Service of New York, the nation’s largest not-for-profit home and community health organization, in the acquisition of long-term leasehold condominium interests from SL Green Realty Corp. in a 30-year headquarters occupancy transaction for more than 300,000 square feet of office and training space at 220 E. 42nd St.
- The ad hoc group of bank lenders in the chapter 11 proceedings for Caesars Entertainment Corporation and Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, which included negotiating the terms of the master lease agreements between affiliates of Caesars Entertainment Operating Company.
- Saks & Co., in various leasing and subleasing transactions in Manhattan.
- Columbia Property Trust in the negotiation of two 15-year leases with WeWork, one of the world’s largest providers of shared office space, for approximately 115,000 square feet at 650 California Street in San Francisco, California, and 80 M Street SE in Washington, D.C. Trevor has also negotiated lease and other occupancy agreements with WeWork in Manhattan.
- Revlon in the negotiation of the construction contract to build its multi-floor headquarters at One New York Plaza.
- IMPACCT Brooklyn in its leasing program to assist a variety of retail and office tenants establish themselves in its Fulton Street business development zone in Brooklyn.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star
- Board of Directors, Broadway Housing Communities, Inc.
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Commercial leasing presenter, Disaster Assistance Training for Small Businesses by The City Bar Justice Center’s Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project (NELP), New York, NY, October 29, 2013
- Commercial leasing presenter, Small Business Legal Academy by the Association of Pro Bono Counsel and NELP, New York, NY, November 13, 2012
- Commercial leasing presenter, Pratt Area Community Counsel’s Small Business and Marketing Workshop Series (recurring quarterly), Brooklyn, NY
- "Privacy Implications of Commercial Office Building Security Technology in the Post - 9/11 Era," The Columbia Science and Technology Law Review, January 29, 2007
New York, 2009
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2007; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
M.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 2004
B.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 2004
January 2, 2018|New York Law JournalTrevor Adler, André Nance, Jason Sobel, E. Gail Suchman, Nicole De Bare, David Kahne and Daniel Park mentioned in "On the Move"
December 28, 2017|Real Estate WeeklyTrevor Adler, E. Gail Suchman and Nicole De Bare mentioned in "WHO’S NEWS: Commercial appointments and promotions"
December 20, 2017|Bloomberg Big Law BusinessTrevor Adler, Jake Loftus, André Nance, Arjun Rao, Jason Sobel, E. Gail Suchman, Nicole De Bare, Christine Ellice, Hans Hertell, David Kahne and Daniel Park mentioned in "Wrap-Up: Holidays Bring Law Firm Promotions, Hires"
December 20, 2017|Property Funds WorldJeff Keitelman quoted and Trevor Adler, Jake Loftus, André Nance, Arjun Rao, Jason Sobel, E. Gail Suchman, Nicole De Bare, Christine Ellice, Hans Hertell, David Kahne and Daniel Park mentioned in "Stroock appoints 11 new partners and special counsel"
December 18, 2017|Press ReleaseStroock Elevates 11 New Partners and Special Counsel
October 2, 2017|Press Release79 Stroock Attorneys Recognized as 2017 Super Lawyers and "Rising Stars"
February 12, 2014Stroock Represents Edward J. Minskoff In New Leases at 51 Astor Place