- Representative Matters
- Honors & Awards
- Speeches & Events
Trevor Adler represents clients in commercial real estate transactions, with a particular emphasis on office and retail leasing. Prior to joining Stroock, Mr. Adler was the associate general counsel and director of building operations for Broadway Housing Communities, Inc., where he managed the leasing and property management activities of the Harlem-based not-for-profit housing developer. Prior to graduating from law school, Mr. Adler was the operations-security manager of Koeppel Companies LLC, where he planned and supervised security systems and operations at 575 Lexington Avenue and 26 Broadway.
- Minskoff Equities in its leasing program of approximately 400,000 square feet of office, educational and retail space at 51 Astor Place, including office tenants IBM, 1stdibs and Mail Online, educational tenant St. John’s University, and retail tenants CVS, Shake Shack, Chop’t Salad, Bluestone Lane, Flywheel Sports and Orangetheory Fitness.
- The Durst Organization in its sale of long-term leasehold condominium interests, and the leasing, of office space at 205 E. 42nd Street, including condominium transactions with CUNY and United Way, and a lease of more than 120,000 square feet of office space.
- Mutual of America Life Insurance Company in its leasing program of approximately 425,000 square feet of office space at 320 Park Avenue.
- Pace University in the acquisition and restructuring of long-term ground lease condominium interests for student housing at 180 Broadway and 33 Beekman.
- Visiting Nurse Service of New York, the nation’s largest not-for-profit home and community health organization, in the acquisition of long-term leasehold condominium interests from SL Green Realty Corp. in a 30-year headquarters occupancy transaction for more than 300,000 square feet of office and training space at 220 E. 42nd St.
- The ad hoc group of bank lenders in the Chapter 11 proceedings for Caesars Entertainment Corporation and Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, which included negotiating the terms of the master lease agreements to be entered into between affiliates of Caesars Entertainment Operating Company.
- Revlon in the negotiation of the construction contract to build its multi-floor headquarters at One New York Plaza.
- Columbia Property Trust in the negotiation of two 15-year leases with WeWork, one of the world’s largest providers of shared office space, for approximately 115,000 square feet at 650 California Street in San Francisco, California, and 80 M Street SE in Washington, DC. Mr. Adler has also negotiated lease and other occupancy agreements with WeWork in Manhattan.
- Headquarters lease of more than 200,000 square feet of office space, event rooms and showrooms in an iconic midtown Manhattan building, for a prestigious retailer (and its affiliates) with international locations.
- IMPACCT Brooklyn, as lead pro bono counsel, in its leasing program to assist a variety of retail and office tenants establish themselves in its Fulton Street business development zone in Brooklyn.
HONORS & AWARDSMr. Adler has been named as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for 2017.
- Board of Directors, Broadway Housing Communities, Inc.
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
SPEECHES & EVENTS
- Commercial leasing presenter, Disaster Assistance Training for Small Businesses by The City Bar Justice Center's Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project (NELP), New York, NY, October 29, 2013
- Commercial leasing presenter, Small Business Legal Academy by the Association of Pro Bono Counsel and NELP, New York, NY, November 13, 2012
- Commercial leasing presenter, Pratt Area Community Counsel’s Small Business and Marketing Workshop Series (recurring quarterly), Brooklyn, NY
- "Privacy Implications of Commercial Office Building Security Technology in the Post - 9/11 Era," The Columbia Science and Technology Law Review, January 29, 2007
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
New York, 2009
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2007; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
M.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 2004
B.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 2004
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Trevor Adler, André Nance, Jason Sobel, E. Gail Suchman, Nicole De Bare, David Kahne and Daniel Park mentioned in "On the Move"
January 2, 2018|As mentioned in: New York Law Journal
Trevor Adler, E. Gail Suchman and Nicole De Bare mentioned in "WHO’S NEWS: Commercial appointments and promotions"
December 28, 2017|As mentioned in: Real Estate Weekly
Trevor Adler, Jake Loftus, André Nance, Arjun Rao, Jason Sobel, E. Gail Suchman, Nicole De Bare, Christine Ellice, Hans Hertell, David Kahne and Daniel Park mentioned in "Wrap-Up: Holidays Bring Law Firm Promotions, Hires"
December 20, 2017|As mentioned in: Bloomberg Big Law Business
Jeff Keitelman quoted and Trevor Adler, Jake Loftus, André Nance, Arjun Rao, Jason Sobel, E. Gail Suchman, Nicole De Bare, Christine Ellice, Hans Hertell, David Kahne and Daniel Park mentioned in "Stroock appoints 11 new partners and special counsel"
December 20, 2017|As mentioned in: Property Funds World
Stroock Elevates 11 New Partners and Special Counsel
December 18, 2017|Press Release
79 Stroock Attorneys Recognized as 2017 Super Lawyers and "Rising Stars"
October 2, 2017|Press Release
Stroock Represents Edward J. Minskoff In New Leases at 51 Astor Place
February 12, 2014