Sherry Millman has been practicing in the restructuring and insolvency field for over thirty years. She has extensive experience representing debtors and creditors’ committees as well as secured and unsecured creditors in large complex bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings.
Ms. Millman also maintains a diverse pro bono practice and has been the recipient of the firm’s Public Service Project Award.
- Foreign bank that served as Co-Chair of the Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. Creditors’ Committee
- Secured Creditor in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Horsehead Holdings Inc. and its affiliates
- Member of the Creditors’ Committee of Metro Fuel Oil Corp. and its affiliates
- Creditors in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Quiksilver, Inc. and its affiliates
- Partner in the purchase of the refinery assets out of the Hovensa LLC bankruptcy proceeding
- Landlords in the respective Chapter 11 proceedings of City Sports Inc., Peabody Energy Corporation and Sports Authority Holdings, Inc.
- Foreign bank as agent for secured lenders in the Chapter 11 proceedings of CIT Group Inc. and its affiliate
- Creditors’ Committee of K-V Discovery, Inc. and its affiliates
- Co-chair of the Calpine Corporation Creditors’ Committee
- Loehmann’s Holdings and its affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases
- Pre-petition lender in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Semcrude, L.P. and its affiliates
- Member, Stroock’s Women Litigators Affinity Group
- Contributor and Editor, “A Guide to the Bankruptcy Law of the United States,” Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP, 2010, updated 2016
New York, 1985
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
J.D., New York University School of Law, 1984
B.A., Hofstra University, 1981