- Representative Matters
Sherry Millman has been practicing in the restructuring and insolvency field for over thirty years. She has extensive experience representing debtors and creditors’ committees as well as secured and unsecured creditors in large complex bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings.
Ms. Millman also maintains a diverse pro bono practice and has been the recipient of the firm’s Public Service Project Award.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERSRecent examples of Ms. Millman’s representations include:
- Foreign bank that served as Co-Chair of the Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. Creditors’ Committee
- Secured Creditor in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Horsehead Holdings Inc. and its affiliates
- Member of the Creditors’ Committee of Metro Fuel Oil Corp. and its affiliates
- Creditors in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Quiksilver, Inc. and its affiliates
- Partner in the purchase of the refinery assets out of the Hovensa LLC bankruptcy proceeding
- Landlords in the respective Chapter 11 proceedings of City Sports Inc., Peabody Energy Corporation and Sports Authority Holdings, Inc.
- Foreign bank as agent for secured lenders in the Chapter 11 proceedings of CIT Group Inc. and its affiliate
- Creditors’ Committee of K-V Discovery, Inc. and its affiliates
- Co-chair of the Calpine Corporation Creditors’ Committee
- Loehmann’s Holdings and its affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases
- Pre-petition lender in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Semcrude, L.P. and its affiliates
- Member, Stroock’s Women Litigators Affinity Group
SELECTED ACTIVITIESMs. Millman is certified in Community Mediation Services in accordance with guidelines of the New York State Office of Court Administration.
- Contributor and Editor, “A Guide to the Bankruptcy Law of the United States,” Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP, 2010, updated 2016
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
New York, 1985
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
J.D., New York University School of Law, 1984
B.A., Hofstra University, 1981
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Stroock Receives High Honors in 13 Practices from The Legal 500 United States 2017: 37 Stroock Attorneys Recognized
June 2, 2017|Press Release
Lucas T. Charleston and Sherry J. Millman mentioned in "Bankruptcy Movers and Shakers"
February 7, 2017|As mentioned in: The Wall Street Journal Online
Stroock Names Five New Partners and Special Counsel for 2017
January 5, 2017 |Press Release
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
A Guide to the Bankruptcy Law of the United States