Samantha Martin is special counsel in the Financial Restructuring Group in Stroock’s New York office. She specializes in corporate restructuring and has significant experience representing debtors, official committees of unsecured creditors, ad hoc committees of bondholders and lenders, individual creditors and liquidating trustees in all aspects of chapter 11 cases. She also has advised foreign representatives in chapter 15 recognition proceedings.
Samantha currently serves as co-chair of the New York Chapter of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC NY) and is a member of the Executive Committee for the International Insolvency Institute NextGen Program. Ms. Martin also serves as co-chair of the Stroock Women’s Affinity Group.
- 21st Century Oncology Holdings, Inc. (ad hoc term lender/noteholder group)
- Appvion, Inc. (ad hoc group of second lien noteholders)
- Energy Future Holdings Corp. (official creditors’ committee for TCEH Debtors)
- Extended Stay Inc. (mezzanine lenders)
- Fairfield Residential LLC (official creditors’ committee and liquidating trust)
- Hovensa L.L.C. (debtor)
- Los Angeles Dodgers LLC (official creditors’ committee)
- Qimonda, AG (foreign representative in chapter 15)
- Residential Capital, LLC (debtor)
- SunEdison, Inc. (special counsel to official creditors’ committee)
- Walter Energy LLC (official creditors’ committee)
- The legal 500 United States
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for 2014-2018.
- Speaker, III NextGen Program, London, England, June 18, 2017
- Speaker, IWIRC at the Shore Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, March 3, 2017
- Speaker, IWIRC-III Breakfast Roundtable, Tokyo, Japan, June 8, 2016
- Speaker, III NextGen Program, Tokyo, Japan, June 6, 2016
- Moderator, YJP’s Real Estate + Wall Street Investment Forum, New York, NY, January 26, 2016
- Unsecured Creditor Perspectives in Energy Restructurings, Practical Law Company, June 2016
- Management Responsibilities in Insolvency Situations, III NextGen Leadership Program, June 2016
- Preservation of Avoided Liens Under Bankruptcy Code Section 551: Don’t Forget the Coup de Grace, American Bankruptcy Trustee Journal, Vol. 31, Issue 01, Spring 2015
- Cash Collateral Orders Revisited Following ResCap, Law360, April 2014
- The Chief Restructuring Officer’s Guide to Bankruptcy, chapter on section 363 sales, American Bankruptcy Institute, 2013
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, 2007; Recipient, Jacob Burns Medal; Managing Editor, Cardozo Law Review, 2006-2007
B.A., University of Florida, 2004
In The Spotlight
June 1, 2018|Press ReleaseStroock Receives Honors in 16 Practices from The Legal 500 United States 2018:
38 Stroock Lawyers Recognized
June 26, 2017|Press ReleaseStroock’s Financial Restructuring Group Adds Four Lawyers from Four Different Firms, Topped by M&A Restructuring Veteran Brian Kelly
June 26, 2017| New York Law JournalBrian Kelly, Samantha Martin, Brian Wells and Marni Isaacson featured in "Stroock Bringing Aboard Restructuring Team"