- Honors & Awards
- Speeches & Events
Michael Quartararo, Director of Stroock's Litigation Support Services, focuses on building innovative strategies that help clients become more efficient and effective in managing their legal matters. Leading a staff providing consultative support and technology services to 300 attorneys and paralegals, Mr. Quartararo is responsible for the development and implementation of firm policies relating to electronic discovery and litigation support. Mr. Quartararo has more than 20 years of experience in legal support services. He is a member of Stroock's eDiscovery and Information Governance Practice Group and regularly consults with attorneys and the firm’s Fortune 500 clients on the use of technology, electronic discovery and information governance.
A certified Project Management Professional and a Certified E-Discovery Specialist, Mr. Quartararo sits on the national Advisory Board of the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists and is the ACEDS liaison member to the Electronic Discovery Reference Model Advisory Committee.
Mr. Quartararo frequently writes and speaks on project management, electronic discovery and litigation support issues. He is also an adjunct instructor of project management and electronic discovery and a member of the advisory board at Bryan University in Tempe, AZ.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Recipient, E-Discovery Person of the Year, Association of Certified Ediscovery Specialists
- National Advisory Board Member, Association of Certified Ediscovery Specialists (ACEDS)
- Advisory Board Member, Bryan University
- Member, Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Advisory Committee Liaison Member, Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Member and Volunteer, International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- Member, Information Governance and Records Management, ARMA International
- Member, Information Governance Initiative (IGI)
SPEECHES & EVENTSSelect engagements include:
- Speaker, Conference on E-Discovery for Small to Medium Cases, University of Florida, Levin School of Law, 2013-2016
- Speaker, "The New Law Department Professional," PREX16: 5th Annual Conference on Preservation Excellence: Tomorrow's E-Discovery, Portland, OR, September 13-15, 2016
- Speaker, ILTA 2016 Conference, Washington, DC, August 28-September 1, 2016
- Speaker, The eDiscovery Project Manager, BIA Knowledge Leadership Webinar, July 21, 2016
- Moderator, "E-Discovery Project Management: Ask Forgiveness, Not Permission," ACEDS 2016 Conference, New York, NY, April 19-20, 2016
- Speaker, Law Firms and Mobility: Discussion on the State of Mobile Use in Law Firms, Relativity Webinar, November 12, 2015
- Speaker, ILTA 2015 Conference, Las Vegas, NV, August 30-September 3, 2015
PUBLICATIONSSelect publications include:
- "Project Management in Electronic Discovery: An Introduction to Core Principles of Legal Project Management and Leadership in E-Discovery," eDiscoveryPM.com, June 2016
- Co-author, "E-Discovery: Lawyers Have Specific Duties with Regard to E-Discovery," InsideCounsel, November 13, 2012
- Co-author, "E-Discovery: What to do (and not to do) when collecting ESI," InsideCounsel, October 16, 2012
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Michael Quartararo quoted in "Is Ephemeral Messaging an Evidence Foul? Not Necessarily"
December 7, 2017|As mentioned in: The Recorder
Kermit Wallace and Michael Quartararo quoted in "Parsing Susskind: Examining Disruptions Caused by Project Management and AI"
October 3, 2017|As mentioned in: Legaltech News
Michael Quartararo quoted in "EDRM Tackles TAR in Developing New E-Discovery Guidelines"
September 14, 2017|As mentioned in: Legaltech News
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
Project Management in Electronic Discovery
May 2, 2017
EVENTSBack To Full Bio
PREX16: 5th Annual Conference on Preservation Excellence: Tomorrow's E-Discovery
September 13-15, 2016
- PREX16: 5th Annual Conference on Preservation Excellence: Tomorrow's E-Discovery