- Honors & Awards
- Speeches & Events
Jay Yagoda focuses his practice on litigating commercial disputes from the onset of litigation to appeal, in both state and federal trial and appellate courts. He handles matters that cover a variety of legal areas, including business torts, contract claims, land use, personal jurisdiction, products liability, and securities.
HONORS & AWARDSMr. Yagoda has been recognized as a Super Lawyer “Rising Star” for 2015-2017.
- Board Member, Third District Court of Appeal Historical Society, 2016–present
- Executive Council Member, Appellate Practice Section, The Florida Bar, 2016–present
- The Rosemary Barkett Appellate American Inn of Court, Mentoring Chair (2015–2017), Treasurer (2017-present)
SPEECHES & EVENTS
- Co-Panelist, "Proposals for Settlement: Over and Recent Developments," CLE Presentation for the Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Miami, FL, November 2015
- Co-Panelist, "Down to Business: A Tour of Recent Supreme Court Rulings All Young Lawyers Need to Know About," American Bar Association Business Law Section and Young Lawyers Division, Chicago, IL, July 2015
- Lecturer, "Stays in Appellate Proceedings," CLE Presentation for the Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar, Miami, FL, September 2013
- Guest Lecturer, "Impediments to the Appellate Process," St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami, FL, August 2013
- “Jurisdiction, That Is the Question: Keeping Your Case in Federal Court After the 11th Circuit Issues a Jurisdictional Question that Stalls Your Appeal,” The Florida Bar Journal, September/October 2017
- Co-author, "Unexpected Time Commitments: Complying with Florida's Electronic Filing-and-Serving Protocol When Submitting Large Documents," The Record, The Florida Bar, Spring 2015, Vol. XX, No. 5
- Co-author, "Appellate Practice," Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, American Bar Association, April 2015
- Co-commentator, "Papa John's Ruling a Victory for Fla. Delivery Businesses," Law360, January 6, 2014
- Assistant Contributor, "Appellate Practice," Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, American Bar Association, 2014
- Co-author, "Chapter 17: Stays," Florida Appellate Practice, The Florida Bar, Ninth Edition, 2014
- Co-commentator, "Papa John's Ruling Benefits Businesses With Delivery Services," Daily Business Review, December 2013
- "Early Appellate Remedies: Partial Final Judgments," The Florida Bar Journal, December 2013
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2012; U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2016; U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2015; U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2013; U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2013; U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2016; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2015; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2012; U.S. Supreme Court, 2014
Judicial Clerk, Justice Barbara Pariente, Supreme Court of Florida, 2010-2012
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2010; Order of the Coif
B.A., cum laude, University of Florida, 2007
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Jay Yagoda quoted in "Pick the Right Law School for an Appellate Career"
December 1, 2017|As mentioned in: U.S. News & World Report
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"Jurisdiction, That Is The Question: Keeping Your Case In Federal Court After The 11th Circuit Issues a Jurisdictional Question That Stalls Your Appeal"
September/October 2017|The Florida Bar Journal