- Representative Matters
- Honors & Awards
- Speeches & Events
Julieta Stepanyan’s practice focuses on the defense of class actions and other complex litigation, including actions under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, California’s Unfair Competition Law and Consumer Credit Reporting Agencies Act, as well as related claims in federal and state courts. Ms. Stepanyan also counsels clients with regard to compliance and regulatory matters and has defended proceedings commenced by government agencies. She has represented a broad range of companies, including banks and other lending institutions, chemical manufacturing companies, and other Fortune 500 companies.
- Langan v. United States Auto. Ass’n., 2014 WL 4744790 (N.D. Cal. 2014) (dismissing credit reporting and unfair competition claims)
HONORS & AWARDSMs. Stepanyan has been recognized as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for 2017.
- Associates Advisory Board Member, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
SPEECHES & EVENTS
- Speaker, Metro 2, e-OSCAR and the New FCRA/CFPB Compliance Requirements, Lorman Education Services Webinar, January 2016
- "Ninth Circuit Rules Plaintiff Has Article III Standing In Spokeo, Leaves More Questions Unanswered," Stroock Special Bulletin, August 15, 2017
- Contributor, The European Union REACH Regulation for Chemicals Law and Practice, Edited by Lucas Bergkamp Ed, Oxford University Press, October 2013
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
U.S. District Court, Central District of California; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California; U.S. District Court, Northern District of California; U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2011; Senior Editor, UCLA Law Review
B.A., summa cum laude, University of California, Riverside, 2008; Phi Beta Kappa
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"Ninth Circuit Rules Plaintiff Has Article III Standing In Spokeo, Leaves More Questions Unanswered"
August 15, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin