Julie Nevins concentrates her practice on complex business disputes and has over 15 years of experience handling matters in trial and appellate courts and in arbitral and administrative forums. She has broad experience handling business torts, insurance coverage, trademark, trade secret, contract, lender liability and real property disputes.
- Lead counsel for an outdoor advertising company in licensing, zoning, First Amendment and property rights disputes.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer in a coverage dispute involving the unauthorized settlement of an environmental mass tort action.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice in favor of insurer in a coverage dispute arising from an accounting malpractice action.
- Represented international bank in state regulatory matters and obtained dismissal of an Office of Financial Regulation license revocation proceeding.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice in favor of international bank in a $200 million lender liability lawsuit arising from real estate development in southwest Florida.
- Obtained summary judgment on patent invalidity due to lack of inventorship in favor of shoe manufacturer and discount retailers in patent infringement litigation.
- Represented Public Defender of Miami-Dade County, Florida, seeking systemic relief from excessive caseloads and obtained opinion from the Supreme Court of Florida approving of the relief requested.
- Obtained permanent injunction for an insurance and financial services company on Lanham Act claims against parties using trademarks in connection with a Ponzi scheme.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice on behalf of a major pet food company in a putative class action alleging advertising was false and misleading.
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, Corporate and Business Litigation, 2015-2017
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Up and Comers, Corporate and Business Litigation, 2014
- Daily Business Review, Most Effective Lawyers, Pro Bono, 2008 & 2013
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Co-author, “Where They've Been and Where They're Going: Secondary Payer Lawsuits Involving Medicare Advantage Organizations,” For the Defense, May 2018
- Co-author, “The Eleventh Circuit Expands Private Insurers' Exposure for the Reimbursement of Medicare Payments Under the Medicare Secondary Payer Act,” Stroock Special Bulletin, December 7, 2016
- “Reed v. Town of Gilbert: A Case of Content-Based Discrimination?” InsideCounsel Magazine, February 9, 2015
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida; U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
J.D., magna cum laude, Florida State University College of Law, 1999; Order of the Coif; Editor-in-Chief, Florida State University Law Review
B.A., Vassar College, 1987
In The Spotlight
Spring 2018|AIRROC MattersRobert Lewin, Michele Jacobson, Laura Besvinick, Julie Nevins, Vincent Laurenzano and Bernhardt Nadell featured in “AIRROC at 180 Maiden Lane”
January 23, 2018|Press ReleaseFive Stroock Lawyers Recognized as Top Lawyers in South Florida Legal Guide 2018
February 3, 2017| Law360Julie E. Nevins quoted in "How To Ask A Jury For Money"
December 19, 2016| Law360Laura E. Besvinick quoted and Julie E. Nevins mentioned in "District Court Kept Jurisdiction After Arbitration: 11th Circ."
April 13, 2015Stroock Bolsters Litigation Practice Further with Two Partners and Special Counsel in New York and Miami
May 2018|For The Defense