- Capital Markets/Securities
- Commercial Finance
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Financial Restructuring
- Speeches & Events
- JUMP TO:
- Speeches & Events
Jeffrey S. Lowenthal is co-chair of Stroock’s Corporate Practice group. He concentrates in corporate finance, securities, corporate reorganizations, acquisitions and joint ventures, and general corporate law.
Mr. Lowenthal counsels issuers, investment banking firms and selling security holders involved in public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities. He regularly advises public companies on disclosure requirements and other issues arising under federal securities laws.
He also represents buyers, sellers and investors in purchases and sales of assets and businesses and other types of business combinations, including joint ventures and similar arrangements. In the credit arena, Mr. Lowenthal represents bondholder committees, banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions and investors in the restructuring of debt facilities and other financing arrangements.
Mr. Lowenthal’s experience has included a wide range of public and private transactions. Among the matters he has handled for Stroock clients are:
- Representing a publicly traded national retail company in its acquisition of a chain of over 300 stores in the United States and Canada selling proprietary products with annual sales over $400 million and in the negotiation of a long-term license agreement and royalty arrangement with the seller;
- Advising a transportation company listed on the New York Stock Exchange in numerous public and private securities offerings and financings and other transactions, culminating in the sale of the company to a private equity buyer in 2007 for approximately $900 million;
- Representing a privately owned apparel business in its acquisition by a large publicly traded Hong Kong company for cash and stock;
- Representing the Board of Directors of a publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust in a stock-for-stock merger with another publicly traded REIT;
- Representing the owners of a company manufacturing equipment used in the energy industry in the sale of the company to a foreign buyer;
- Representing a private equity fund in its acquisition and subsequent sale of a company producing automobile parts; and
- Advising a global infrastructure investment fund sponsored by a major financial institution in its role as lead investor in the acquisition of a public utility based in the United Kingdom.
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
SPEECHES & EVENTS
- Speaker, "Doing Deals: The Nuts and Bolts of Transactional Practice," Practising Law Institute
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Massachusetts, 1999; New York, 1984
Clerk, Judge Max Rosenn, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
J.D., University of Virginia, 1982; Notes Editor, Virginia Law Review, 1981-1982; Order of the Coif
B.A., Haverford College, 1978
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Stroock Advising Atlas Merchant Capital as Co-Lead Investor in $2 Billion Acquisition of Talcott Resolution from The Hartford
December 5, 2017|Press Release
Stroock deal team mentioned in "Hartford Sells Life Insurance Business For $2.05B"
December 4, 2017|As mentioned in: Law360
Christopher Doyle and Jeffrey Lowenthal mentioned in "Laterals, Moves, Law Firm Work"
November 14, 2017|As mentioned in: Bloomberg Big Law Business
Stroock Names Two New Co-Leaders of Its Broad Corporate Practice
November 13, 2017|Press Release
Capital Markets Crisis Group Expansion
April 3, 2008
Stroock Represents a JPMorgan Infrastructure Fund in Acquisition of Southern Water
October 17, 2007
Stroock Represents Regatta USA in Acquisition
August 15, 2007
Stroock Counsels Board of Directors of Monmouth Capital in Merger with Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation
July 31, 2007
Stroock Advises Interpool, Inc. and its Board of Directors in Acquisition by Fortress Investment Group for $2.4 Billion
July 19, 2007
Stroock Advises Interpool, Inc. and its Board of Directors in Pending Acquisition by Fortress Investment Group for $2.4 Billion
April 20, 2007
Stroock Counsels Board of Directors of Monmouth Capital in $90.2 million Transaction
March 27, 2007
Stroock Advises JPMorgan Asset Management in Privatization of Toll Road in Texas
March 9, 2007
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"SEC Proposes Amendments to Regulation S-K to Simplify and Modernize Disclosure Requirements"
October 23, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "SEC Clarifies Regulation FD Requirements for Issuer Disclosure of Material Nonpublic Information Through Social Media Channels"April 15, 2013|Stroock Special Bulletin
- “Proposed Amendment to SEC Rule 163(c) Would Help ‘Well-Known Seasoned Issuers’ Test the Waters Before Proceeding with a Public Offering”January 1, 2010|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "SEC Proposes Amendments to Rules on Internet Availability of Proxy Materials"October 29, 2009|Stroock Special Bulletin
- “SEC Requires Use of Interactive Data for Financial Reporting”February 27, 2009|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "The Battle Continues over Mark-to-Market Accounting"November 20, 2008|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "FASB to Require Expensing of Employee Stock Options"January 31, 2005|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "SEC Clarifies Regulation FD Requirements for Issuer Disclosure of Material Nonpublic Information Through Social Media Channels"