- Real Estate
- Real Estate: Commercial Leasing
- Real Estate: Commercial Lending
- Real Estate: Cooperatives and Condominiums
- Real Estate: Development
- Real Estate: Land Use and Governmental Approvals
- Real Estate: Litigation
- Real Estate: Investment Management
- Representative Matters
- JUMP TO:
- Representative Matters
Joseph Miller practices in all areas of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and finance.
Mr. Miller also has experience in mortgage-backed securitizations, company acquisitions, loan restructurings, joint venture transactions and general corporate matters.
- Representation of a real estate firm in its $70 million acquisition of a medical office building.
- Representation of a building owner in a long-term lease for the top floor of a new trophy class office building.
- Representation of a real estate company in its on-going leasing of a 590,000 square foot multi-building office complex.
- Representation of a real estate investment trust in a $105 million bridge and permanent financing.
- Representation of a real estate investment company in its $644 million acquisition of a multi-state portfolio of properties.
- Representation of a prominent international corporation in the sale and partial leaseback of its 114 acre headquarters complex, including the drafting and negotiation of the related ground lease, office space lease and declaration of restrictive covenants.
- Representation of a utility holding company in its $900 million acquisition of 72 hydro-electric facilities.
- Representation of a lender in the work-out of a $90 million financing secured by four multi-family buildings.
- Representation of an investment bank in making a $121 million mortgage loan and $50 million mezzanine financing for the acquisition of an office building.
- Representation of an opportunity fund in the purchase of a $40 million loan secured by a riverboat casino, hotel and golf course.
- Representation of an insurance company in a tri-party agreement and related loan documents for its commitment to make a $55 million permanent loan upon completion of the construction of a cancer center ground leased to a major hospital.
- Representation of a financial institution in the restructuring of a loan secured by a portfolio of properties leased to the federal government.
- Representation of an investment bank in the restructuring of mortgage and mezzanine financing secured by five multi-state retail shopping centers.
- Representation of an investment bank in the acquisition of a reverse mortgage lender.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
District of Columbia; Maryland; New Jersey; New York; North Carolina
J.D., New York Law School, 1990
B.S., State University of New York Maritime College, 1982
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Real Estate Forum and GlobeSt Honor Five Separate Stroock Transactions Nationally for Best Deals of 2016
April 20, 2017|Press Release
Jeffrey R. Keitelman and Joseph F. Miller mentioned in "Stroock Steers Columbia Property's $187M Baltimore Sale"
April 1, 2016|As mentioned in: Law360
Jeffrey R. Keitelman Talks to Bisnow About His Move to Stroock
July 10, 2015|As mentioned in: Bisnow
Real Estate team highlighted in "Stroock Lures 8 From DLA Piper For Real Estate Practice"
June 4, 2015|As mentioned in: Law360
Stroock Continues National Expansion with Addition of Eight Real Estate Attorneys in Washington, DC and New York
Firm Adds 23 Attorneys in the Last Six Months Across All OfficesMay 26, 2015