Ira Teicher, a partner in Stroock's Real Estate Practice Group, represents developers and institutional and non-institutional investors in the acquisition, disposition, development, financing and management of commercial and residential assets. He has represented hedge funds, pension funds and other real estate opportunity funds in joint ventures with, among others, Codina Partners, Flagler Development, Mill Creek, Residential Trust, The Related Cos. and Samuels & Associates.
Ira has been selected as one of 40 honorees in the Daily Business Review’s 2015 class of Rising Stars. He also has been nationally recommended by The Legal 500 and listed in Best Lawyers.
- A pension fund in connection with acquisition of iconic office building (f/k/a the Wachovia Financial Center) in Downtown Miami Central Business District;
- A joint venture between pension fund and Flagler Development in connection with construction financing utilized to develop an office building in Coral Gables for Bacardi USA on a build-to-suit basis;
- A pension fund in connection with formation of joint venture with Codina Partners for acquisition and redevelopment of office park in the City of Doral for office, residential, retail and civic uses;
- A joint venture between an institutional investor and Mill Creek in connection with the acquisition of a multifamily property in Broward County, Florida for an amount in excess of $115,000,000;
- A joint venture between an opportunity fund and Crescent Real Estate Equities in connection with sale of Miami Center;
- A pension fund in connection with acquisition of a 49-property portfolio in Texas comprised of warehouse, office and retail space for approximately $600,000,000; and
- A pension fund in connection with the acquisition of Landmark Center in Boston, Massachusetts for an amount in excess of $525,000,000 and subsequent $250,000,000 financing from two life insurance companies.
- Daily Business Review, Rising Star
- The Legal 500 United States
- Best Lawyers
Florida; New York
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2002; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
B.A., magna cum laude, Columbia College, 1997
In The Spotlight
January 2, 2018|REBusiness OnlineIra Teicher and John-Paul Ovadia mentioned in "Stroock Arranges $90M Sale of New Apartment Community in Broward County"
December 27, 2017|Global Legal ChronicleIra Teicher and John-Paul Ovadia mentioned in "JPMorgan Asset Management’s $90 Million Acquisition of Luxury Apartment Complex in Hollywood, FL"
December 22, 2017|Press ReleaseStroock Represents JPMorgan Asset Management in $90 Million Acquisition of Luxury Apartment Complex in Hollywood, FL
December 15, 2017|Law360Ira Teicher and John-Paul Ovadia mentioned in "Gunster, Stroock Steer $90M Fla. Apartment Complex Deal"
August 15, 2017|Press Release47 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2018
June 2, 2017|Press ReleaseStroock Receives High Honors in 13 Practices from The Legal 500 United States 2017: 37 Stroock Attorneys Recognized
May 30, 2017| Daily Business ReviewIra Teicher quoted in "What Slowdown? Real Estate Lawyers Say They’re Still Busy Despite Market Cooling"
April 20, 2017|Press ReleaseReal Estate Forum and GlobeSt Honor Five Separate Stroock Transactions Nationally for Best Deals of 2016
November 11, 2016| The Miami HeraldPaul A. Shelowitz and Ira K. Teicher quoted in “What will Trump's Presidency Mean for Miami's Real Estate?”
September 15, 2016| Law360"Stroock Represents JPMorgan in $220 Million Sale of Fort Lauderdale Office Tower"
September 16, 2015Ira K. Teicher Selected as a 2015 Daily Business Review Rising Star
July 22, 2015| Daily Business ReviewIra K. Teicher Selected as a 2015 Daily Business Review Rising Star
January 17, 2012Stroock Names New Special Counsel