Gary Ho concentrates primarily in insurance industry mergers and acquisitions, insurance-linked securities transactions, reinsurance, insurance law and general corporate matters. Specifically, he has been involved in a sponsored demutualization, mergers and acquisitions, reserve financing transactions and reinsurance with derivative components. In the regulatory area, he has assisted life insurers and property/casualty insurers obtain licenses in the State of New York and advised clients on insurance and reinsurance law and regulation.
Gary’s representations have included:
- Arch Capital in its $400 million loss portfolio transfer reinsurance transaction with Catalina;
- Atlas Merchant Capital in $2.05 billion acquisition of Talcott Resolution, the run-off life insurance and annuity division of The Hartford;
- Talcott Resolution buyer consortium in $9.6 billion structured settlement and fixed annuity reinsurance transaction with Global Atlantic;
- Private equity firm in bid to acquire Fidelity & Guaranty Life;
- Security First Insurance Holdings, LLC in its $60 million senior note issuance and its subsidiary, Security First Insurance Company, in obtaining insurance licenses in New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Atlas Merchant Capital in $375 million equity capital raise for Somerset Reinsurance Ltd;
- Lemonade Group in its 2016 launch of an online homeowners insurance company;
- Nomura in $1 billion in reserve financing transactions;
- Crédit Agricole in $900 million Triple X and Guideline AXXX reserve financing transactions;
- Leading investment bank in $2 billion Japanese variable annuity reinsurance transaction;
- Reservoir Capital and Black Diamond Capital in acquisition of SBLI USA Mutual Life Insurance through a sponsored demutualization; and
- ORIX and its subsidiary, ORIX Life Insurance, in $1.4 billion acquisition of Hartford Life Insurance K.K. from The Hartford.
New York; New Jersey
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2013
B.A., Cornell University, 2010
Back To Full Bio
June 1, 2018|Press ReleaseStroock Advises Atlas Merchant Capital as Co-Lead Investor in Closing of $2 Billion Acquisition of Talcott Resolution from The Hartford
December 5, 2017|Press ReleaseStroock Advising Atlas Merchant Capital as Co-Lead Investor in $2 Billion Acquisition of Talcott Resolution from The Hartford
December 4, 2017|Law360Stroock deal team mentioned in "Hartford Sells Life Insurance Business For $2.05B"
Back To Full Bio
June 2018|Stroock Special Bulletin“NAIC Updates – June 2018”January 2018|Stroock Special Bulletin"NAIC Updates – January 2018"October 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin"NAIC Updates – October 2017"May 2016|Stroock Special Bulletin"NAIC Updates – May 2016"January 19, 2016|Stroock Special Bulletin"NAIC Updates – January 2016"October 1, 2015|Stroock Special Bulletin"Updates on Principle-Based Reserving"October 1, 2015|Stroock Special Bulletin