- Successful defense of a former chief executive and chairman of a leading global financial services firm in a three-week trial prosecuted by the Enforcement Division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission concerning alleged violations of the Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934 relating to the sale of non-exchange traded closed-end funds. Initial Decision Rel. No. 513 (Oct. 29, 2013), Admin. Proc. File No. 3-14862.
- Representations of commodity trading firms in litigations arising from contracts for the purchase and sale of commodities, including the defense of an international commodities trading firm in a class action concerning claims of alleged manipulation of the North Sea Brent crude oil market in violation of the Commodity Exchange Act.
- Representations of commodity trading firms in connection with investigations by government regulatory agencies, including the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, relating to the purchase and sale of power, natural gas, crude oil, copper, wheat, cotton, and commodity index products.
- Successful defense of a leading global investment bank through appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in a litigation to recover alleged fraudulent conveyances arising from the Adelphia Communications Corporation bankruptcy.
- Representation of banks and funds in connection with the valuation, filing and litigation of derivative and guaranty claims arising from the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy proceedings in the United States.
- Representation of numerous insurers in litigations and arbitration proceedings to enforce payment obligations under reinsurance contracts.
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
New York, 2004
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2004; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2004; U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 2007; U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 2007
J.D., magna cum laude, St. John' s University School of Law, 2003
B.S., magna cum laude, University of Scranton, 1994
In The Spotlight
June 1, 2018|Press ReleaseStroock Advises Atlas Merchant Capital as Co-Lead Investor in Closing of $2 Billion Acquisition of Talcott Resolution from The Hartford
December 5, 2017|Press ReleaseStroock Advising Atlas Merchant Capital as Co-Lead Investor in $2 Billion Acquisition of Talcott Resolution from The Hartford
December 4, 2017|Law360Stroock deal team mentioned in "Hartford Sells Life Insurance Business For $2.05B"
January 17, 2012Stroock Names New Special Counsel
February/March 2019|Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law