Daniel Ginsberg focuses his practice on Chapter 11 proceedings, out-of-court restructuring transactions and multinational insolvency proceedings. He has extensive experience representing both debtors and secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 cases.
- Bondholders to Foresight Energy LLC
- A secured lender to LightSquared LP
- Secured lenders to Targus Group International, Inc.
- Bondholders and DIP lenders to Allied Nevada Gold Corp.
- Senior secured lender to RBS/Innovairre
- A steering committee of secured lenders to ATI Education, Inc.
- The agent for the secured lenders to YRC Worldwide, Inc.
- Bondholders to American Oriental Bioengineering, Inc.
- Bondholders to China Medical Technologies, Inc.
- The agent for the secured lenders in the Chapter 11 case of Mid America Agri Products/Horizon, LLC, an ethanol producer
- The agent for the secured lenders in the out-of-court restructuring of an automobile parts manufacturer
- The secured lenders in the Chapter 11 cases of Barzel Industries Inc. and its affiliates
- Various creditors in the Lehman Brothers Chapter 11 and SIPA proceedings
- Financial Guaranty Insurance Company in its restructuring efforts
- Environmental Systems Products Holdings, Inc., a leading emissions testing company, in the out-of-court restructuring of over $600 million of debt
- United Pan-Europe Communications, N.V., a leading European cable and telecommunications company, in connection with its successful restructuring through dual Dutch and U.S. plenary insolvency proceedings
- International Wireless Communications Holdings, Inc. and certain of its affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases
Other significant representations in which Mr. Ginsberg has been involved include the representation of:
- Various aircraft finance parties in the Northwest Airlines Corporation and Delta Air Lines, Inc. Chapter 11 cases
- Pre-petition lenders in the Trenwick Americas Corporation Chapter 11 case
- Pre- and post-petition secured lenders in the Fleming Companies, Inc. Chapter 11 cases, in which the lenders received payment in full
- The unsecured bank committee in the Reliance Financial Services Corporation Chapter 11 cases
- Pre-petition secured lenders in the Oglebay Norton Chapter 11 cases, in which the lenders received payment in full during the Chapter 11 cases
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Panelist, "The Great DISH Debate," National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, Tampa, Florida, October 13, 2011
- "Restructuring Limitations Faced by Title IV Educational Institutions," American Bankruptcy Institute, October 2014
- Co-author, "Cross-Border Insolvencies Under US Law: A Further Update," Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, September, October and November 2012 (Three Installments)
- Co-author, A Guide to the Bankruptcy Law of the United States, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP, 2010
- Co-author, "U.S. Recognition of Non-U.S. Insolvency Proceedings: More Than a Rubber Stamp," Euromoney Global Insolvency & Restructuring Review 2008/09
- Co-author, "Chapter 15 One Year Later: Determining COMI," Euromoney Global Insolvency & Restructuring Review 2007/08
- Co-author, "Practical Advice for Cross-Border Practitioners: Paying Homage to the Prior Recognition Requirement," Euromoney Global Insolvency & Restructuring Yearbook 2006/07
- Co-author, "Can Bankruptcy Code Limitations on Rejection Damages Be Circumvented by the Use of a Letter of Credit?" The Secured Lender, May/June 2006
- Co-author, "Cross-Border Insolvencies Under United States Law: An Update," Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, October, November and December 2005 (Three Installments)
- Co-author, "The Influence of U.S. Bankruptcy Law in Multinational Restructurings," Euromoney Global Insolvency & Restructuring Yearbook 2005/06
- Co-author, "Coordinated Multinational Reorganizations in the Absence of a Cross-Border Insolvency Protocol: United Pan-Europe Communications N.V., a Case Study," Euromoney Global Insolvency & Restructuring Yearbook 2004/05
New York, 1997
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1997; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1997; U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 2001; U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2007
J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 1996
B.A., summa cum laude, Washington University in St. Louis, 1993