Christopher’s recent transactions include representing:
- An investor group led by The Baupost Group in its acquisition of NationsRent Companies, Inc., one of the largest equipment rental companies in the U.S., and the subsequent $1.1 billion sale of NationsRent to Ashtead Group plc;
- Sempra Energy Trading and affiliates, as borrowers, in a $1.72 billion global credit facility arranged by BNP Paribas, which Trade Finance magazine named 2005 Commodity Deal of the Year;
- The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc. in its acquisition of The Disney Store chain of retail stores from The Walt Disney Company;
- QinetiQ Group plc in the sale of its indirect U.S. subsidiary QinetiQ North America, Inc. to The SI Organization, Inc., a portfolio company of Veritas Capital;
- Nisshin Holding, Inc., in the acquisition of the remaining 36% interest of Wheeling-Nisshin, Inc. held by Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel Corporation;
- Freepoint Commodities LLC in connection with its $1 billion committed borrowing base revolver, which finances the physical merchant activities in Freepoint's global commodities businesses;
- Freepoint Resources LLC in connection with the financing for Freepoint to acquire natural gas producing wells from a subsidiary of Bucking Horse Energy Inc.;
- Specialty Underwriters' Alliance Inc. in connection with its IPO, an unsolicited takeover bid from Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. and a subsequent proxy contest, and its merger with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tower Group, Inc.;
- The stockholders of eMeta Corporation in the sale of the business to Macrovision Corporation;
- The principals of Sonnenblick-Goldman, one of the real estate industry's leading investment banking firms, in the sale of a controlling stake in the company to Cushman & Wakefield; and
- WSP Group plc, one of the world's fastest-growing design, engineering and management consulting organizations, in its acquisition of Chas. H. Sells, Inc.
Christopher has been recognized as Highly Regarded by IFLR1000 and nationally recommended by The Legal 500 United States.
- Member, Committee on Negotiated Acquisitions, American Bar Association
- Member, Committee of Private Equity M&A
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
New York; 1997
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1995
B.A., Trinity College, 1985
In The Spotlight
February 4, 2019|Press ReleaseStroock Guides Ultimate Software in $11B Going Private Transaction
February 4, 2019|The DealChristopher Doyle Featured in “Deal Diary: Stroock's Doyle Advises Ultimate Software on Sale Led by H&F”
November 6, 2018|Press Release13 Stroock Attorneys and 5 Stroock Practice Groups Listed in 2019's IFLR1000
July 31, 2018|Press ReleaseStroock Advises Ultimate Software On Its $300 Million Acquisition of PeopleDoc
June 1, 2018|Press ReleaseStroock Receives Honors in 16 Practices from The Legal 500 United States 2018:
38 Stroock Lawyers Recognized
February 23, 2018|Press ReleaseStroock Becomes Charter Member of Legal Center of Excellence, a New Global Platform for Studying Developments in FinTech and Blockchain
November 14, 2017|The Daily DealChristopher Doyle and Jeffrey Lowenthal mentioned in "Movers & Shakers Feature"
November 14, 2017|Bloomberg Big Law BusinessChristopher Doyle and Jeffrey Lowenthal mentioned in "Laterals, Moves, Law Firm Work"
June 9, 2017|Press ReleaseStroock Corporate Team Advises on Two Credit Facilities for Castleton Commodities Totaling $3.6 Billion
June 2, 2017|Press ReleaseStroock Receives High Honors in 13 Practices from The Legal 500 United States 2017: 37 Stroock Attorneys Recognized
July 19, 2006Stroock Represents NationsRent in $1.05 Billion Transaction