- Honors & Awards
- JUMP TO:
- Honors & Awards
Bruce H. Schneider concentrates in antitrust, health care, securities, copyright, trademark and general commercial litigation. He has particular expertise with litigation arising under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and other matters of concern to mutual funds.
As counsel to corporate officers, directors and their advisors, Mr. Schneider has litigated matters related to corporate transactions, including contests for control, hostile acquisitions and restructurings. In his antitrust practice, he regularly advises clients on distribution, licensing, health care and acquisitions issues.
Mr. Schneider lectures and writes on antitrust issues and frequently has been a commentator on CNN and other financial programs on cable TV.
HONORS & AWARDS
Mr. Schneider has been listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers.
- Member, Section of Antitrust Law Insurance and Financial Services Committee, American Bar Association
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
New York, 1975
Clerk, Judge Charles L. Brieant, Jr., U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
J.D., Columbia Law School, 1974
B.A., Columbia University, 1970
NEWSBack To Full Bio
47 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2018
August 15, 2017|Press Release
47 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2017
August 15, 2016 |Press Release
Stroock Files Amicus Brief in U.S. Supreme Court on Behalf of Law and Political Science Scholars, Regarding the Constitutionality of the Death Penalty Per Se
February 29, 2016
Bruce H. Schneider quoted in "Nervy concentration: Health insurers cast aside caution"
August 14, 2015|As mentioned in: The Deal
Bruce H. Schneider quoted in "Can Big Four U.S. Carriers Hang On To Their Comfortable Ride?"
July 10, 2015|As mentioned in: Aviation Week & Space Technology
Stroock Ranked by Chambers USA Law Firm Rankings for 2013
May 24, 2013
New York, NY, May 24, 2013 -- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP, a national law firm with offices in New York, Los Angeles and Miami, announced that it has again been recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
For the 2013 edition, 31 Stroock partners and counsel from 12 Stroock practice groups were recognized for excellence by Chambers USA.Click here to read the full press release.
Stroock Ranked by the Chambers USA Law Firm Rankings for 2012
June 7, 2012
Stroock announced that it has again been recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. For the 2012 edition, 11 Stroock practice areas and 32 Stroock attorneys were ranked by Chambers USA, in the geographic categories of Nationwide, California, Florida and New York.
Stroock Ranked by the Chambers USA Law Firm Rankings for 2011
June 20, 2011
Stroock announced that it has again been recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. For the 2011 edition, 13 Stroock practice areas and 32 Stroock attorneys were ranked by Chambers USA, in the geographic categories of Nationwide, California, Florida and New York.
Stroock Is Ranked by the Chambers USA Law Firm Rankings for 2010
June 11, 2010
32 Stroock attorneys and 12 practice areas were recommended by Chambers, including our Capital Markets, Entertainment, Financial Restructuring, Insurance, Investment Management, Litigation, and Real Estate practices.
Read about the firm's rankings in our press release.
Stroock Is Recognized by the Annual Chambers USA Law Firm Rankings for 2009
June 12, 2009
Chambers USA has once again listed Stroock attorneys as some of the top practitioners in the nation. In its 2009 edition, Chambers USA named 31 Stroock attorneys across 23 of the firm's practice areas.
Stroock is Recognized by the Annual Chambers USA Law Firm Rankings
May 29, 2008
Capital Markets Crisis Group Expansion
April 3, 2008
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"Ambac Assurance Corp. v. Countrywide Home Loans, Inc.: New York Court of Appeals Rejects Expansion of the Common Interest Exception to Waiver of Attorney-Client Privilege"
June 14, 2016|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Privileged Today, But Maybe Not Tomorrow"November 17, 2015|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Free Exercise vs. Establishment of Religion"May 30, 2014|Jurist - Hotline
- "Where You Stand Depends on Where You Sit: Differing Federal and State Perspectives on Merger Enforcement"November 8, 2013|Bloomberg Antitrust & Trade Regulation Report
- "After Meritor, How to Look at Market Share Loyalty Discounts"June 14, 2013|Bloomberg BNA Antitrust & Trade Regulation Report
- Antitrust Unlikely to Restrict Today’s ‘Runs,’ ‘Clearances’ in Film DistributionOctober 2012|Entertainment Law and Finance
- "Second Circuit Rules on When a Private Securities Transaction is Subject to U.S. Civil Fraud Remedies"March 8, 2012|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Enforcement Outlook: What the Department of Justice’s Antitrust Suit against KeySpan Means for Swaps (U.S. v. KeySpan Corporation)"July 6, 2010|Stroock Special Bulletin
- “Revising the Horizontal Merger Guidelines…And Why It Matters”March 8, 2010|New York Law Journal
- Credit Suisse v. Billing and a Case for Antitrust Immunity for Mortgage Lenders Subject to Federal RegulationOctober 2007|The Banking Law Journal
- “New Challenges Of Proving ‘Market Power’ In Patent Tying Cases”March 2007|The Practical Litigator
- New Antitrust Considerations for Tying SchemesJune 1, 2006|The Intellectual Property Strategist
- "Revisiting Hours at the Merged Hospital: The FTC's Initiative to Re-examine Hospital Mergers"October 31, 2002|BNA's Health Law Reporter
EVENTSBack To Full Bio
- "Privileged Today, But Maybe Not Tomorrow"