- Representative Matters
- Honors & Awards
Alon Goldberger focuses his practice on a variety of complex finance transactions. He represents agents, lenders, public and private borrowers, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, business development companies, and other providers (bank and non-bank) of senior and subordinated debt financing. Mr. Goldberger also advises clients on a broad range of financing transactions, including first and second lien revolving and term loan credit facilities, asset-based and cash-flow based lending, acquisition financing, unitranche credit facilities, refinancings, recapitalizations and both in-court and out-of-court restructurings. His experience extends across a variety of industries and business structures.
Mr. Goldberger has significant finance experience and technical knowledge developed at other international law firms prior to joining Stroock.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERSMr. Goldberger's previous representations have included:
- Representation of the lenders in the DIP and exit term loan facilities in connection with the bankruptcy cases of Motorsports Aftermarket Group, Inc. and its affiliates.
- Representation of the administrative agent and an ad hoc group of first lien lenders in connection with an out of court restructuring of the first and second lien indebtedness of a leading provider of online learning programs.
- Representation of the lenders providing a priming credit facility to Bioscrip, Inc.
- Representation of a provider of marketing strategy and direct mail services, as borrower, in connection with its asset-based and term loan credit facilities.
- Representation of a hedge fund in connection with its participation in a “first-in, last-out” credit facility to Sears Canada.
- Representation of a private equity fund in acquisition financing related to its acquisition of a leading, independent provider of high pressure pasteurization, cold storage, and other value-added services to food and beverage manufacturers.
- Representation of the Administrative Agent in connection with a unitranche credit facility to finance the acquisition of a customer acquisition marketing business focused on the U.S. insurance industry.
- Representation of a business development company in its participation as a lender in a senior secured unitranche credit facility to a manufacturer, packager and marketer of nutritional products.
- Representation of the Administrative Agent and Collateral Agent in connection with a second lien credit facility to finance the acquisition of a leading software platform developer for the advertising industry.
- Representation of the Administrative Agent and Collateral Agent in connection with a second lien credit facility to finance the acquisition of a leading SSL certificate provider.
- Representation of a business development company as Agent and Lender in its provision of subordinated debt to a leading provider of factoring services to large and small businesses.
- Representation of a business development company as Agent and Lender in its provision of senior secured indebtedness to a provider of OB/GYN hospitalist services in over 100 hospitals in 26 states.
- Representation of a business development company in its last out participation as a lender in a credit facility to an operator of fitness facilities throughout Connecticut.
- Representation of the senior noteholders of a bankrupt provider of business communications solutions in the negotiation of DIP and exit credit facilities.
- Representation of a Chapter 11 debtor in the direct marketing industry in the negotiation of an exit credit facility with its senior lenders.
- Representation of one of the largest natural soda ash producers in the world in connection with its credit facilities, including a credit facility in connection with the initial public offering of its parent, a publicly traded master limited partnership.
- Representation of a private equity sponsor in the financing of its acquisition of a leading provider of laundry and linen services in the southeast region of the United States.
- Representation of a publicly listed specialty acquisition company in the financing of its acquisition of two providers of payment, and debit and credit card processing services.
- Representation of the second lien Administrative Agent, Collateral Agent and lenders in the workout of its loans to a designer of teaching and classroom technology.
- Representation of a private equity fund in a proposed acquisition of an auto parts dealer pursuant to Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Representation of the Administrative Agent and Collateral Agent in the negotiation of a forbearance agreement and a consensual foreclosure of assets and stock of a provider of furnished temporary executive apartments.
- Representation of a private equity fund in its first and second lien credit facilities in connection with its acquisition of a U.S. airline which operates flights between Florida, the Bahamas, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC and West Virginia.
- Representation of a commercial bank in connection with its participation as a first out lender in numerous unitranche financings and in negotiating the applicable credit documents, including agreements among lenders.
- Representation of a private equity owned provider of strategic solutions to the oil and gas industry in its asset-based credit facility.
- Representation of a leading North American provider of environmental services to commercial and government entities, in acquisition financing related to its acquisition of another company in the same industry.
- Representation of a specialty lender in its provision of mezzanine financing to a retailer of men’s and women’s clothing, jewelry, footwear and gifts.
- Representation of a financial institution as Arranger, Agent and Lender in connection with financings to various business development companies, consisting of senior secured bridge loan credit facilities (in connection with their initial public offering), senior secured revolving credit facilities and senior secured term loan facilities.
- Representation of numerous business development companies in their asset-based revolving credit facilities to finance their ongoing portfolio investments.
HONORS & AWARDS
Mr. Goldberger is nationally recommended by The Legal 500 United States. He has been rated as a "Rising Star" in IFLR1000’s 2016 Americas edition of Financial and Corporate Law Firm rankings.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, 2007
B.S., Touro College, 2004
NEWSBack To Full Bio
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
“Rethinking BDC Leverage Post-Rating Agency Guidance”
May 24, 2018|Stroock Special Bulletin
- “LIBOR Evolution: The Shift to the Waterfall Methodology”May 1, 2018|Stroock Special Bulletin
- “LIBOR Evolution: The Shift to the Waterfall Methodology”