- Commercial Finance
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Energy and Project Finance
- Financial Restructuring
- Representative Matters
- Honors & Awards
Alex Cota is a member of Stroock's Corporate Department practicing in the Commercial Finance Group. He advises and represents banks, other financial institutions, private equity and hedge funds, and private companies on a variety of secured and unsecured credit and other finance transactions for borrowers and lenders, including administrative agents and arrangers. Recent credit facility transactions on which Mr. Cota has worked include senior and subordinated revolving and term loan credit facilities, acquisition financings, asset-based financings, loan workouts and restructurings, debtor-in-possession financings and bankruptcy exit financings. He also has experience in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of intercreditor arrangements in connection with his representations.
Mr. Cota is fluent in Spanish.
- Represented a leading international financial institution as administrative agent, sole lead arranger and sole bookrunner in connection with a $150 million first lien asset-based and letter of credit facility to a leading East Coast refinery.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of lenders in a rescue credit facility to a national insurance company and the subsequent restructuring of such borrower's approximately $120 million term loan credit facility.
- Represented a large international hedge fund in a $70 million term loan credit facility to a privately held construction materials supplier and heavy/highway construction contractor in Pennsylvania and western New York and a national traffic safety services and equipment provider.
- Represented a leading international financial institution and its affiliates as co-documentation agent, joint lead arranger and joint book manager and letter of credit issuer in a $65 million first lien working capital and letter of credit facility and a $301.7 million first lien term loan credit facility, in each case, to a privately held electricity generation company based in California.
HONORS & AWARDSMr. Cota has been named as a “Rising Star” for 2016 by Super Lawyers and IFLR1000.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
J.D., Stanford Law School, 2005
B.A., high honors, University of Texas, 2002
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Stroock Receives High Honors in 13 Practices from The Legal 500 United States 2017: 37 Stroock Attorneys Recognized
June 2, 2017|Press Release
Stroock Names Four New Partners and One Special Counsel for 2016
December 14, 2015
Stroock Names Two New Partners And Five Special Counsel
January 13, 2015
Stroock Represents Veolia Environnement in Sale of North American Waste-to-Energy Business
July 6, 2009