June 2, 2021
Stroock, an AmLaw firm with nearly 300 attorneys nationwide, has an opening for a Recruiting, Professional Development & Diversity Coordinator, responsible for supporting the summer associate program, campus recruiting, professional development and diversity efforts at the firm.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the full-cycle recruitment of students. This includes reviewing and selecting resumes, eliciting feedback from partners/associates, coordinating offers and follow-up; and periodic check-ins with new associates.
- Manage and participate in the organization and preparation of the summer associate program, including but not limited to planning of the calendar, weekly follow-up with the summer associates as well as with those involved in running the program, planning/overseeing and attending events, program troubleshooting and encouraging attorneys to attend various summer programs; coordinate with the Professional Development Department with respect to on-boarding and training programs.
- Play a key role in planning and executing the firm’s on-campus recruiting efforts, including coordination with the law school placement offices regarding resume selection, coordinating schedules for interviews; interviewing candidates and other recruiting-related tasks.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director, Legal Personnel & Law School Recruiting in the selection of campus interviewers, organize OCI materials, prep and debrief on-campus interviewers; interact with law students during on-campus recruiting events, as well as manage follow-up efforts.
- Stay abreast and up-to-date on recruiting issues and best practices in the legal industry and make recommendations, as appropriate; participate in NYCRA and NALP events.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain close communication with candidates, colleagues, law school student groups, professional organizations, and external recruiters.
- Responsible for collecting and submitting data for various recruiting-related annual surveys.
- Responsible for other projects as needed by the Law School Recruiting department.
Professional Development and Diversity
- Collect, organize and maintain CLE course materials and video files for all in-house training programs
- Maintain internal PD/ DEI calendars
- Assist with the compilation & submission of CLE applications as required
- Manage and update membership rosters
- Provide logistical and administrative support for all in-house training, recruiting and DEI initiatives
- CLE Verification: monitor attendance/participation, issuance of certificates and maintenance of the CEM database
- Track attendance at programs and circulate feedback surveys
- Help support affinity group event planning
- Assist in tracking DEI budget and budget approval process
- Help respond to surveys and track metrics using Excel to compile data
- Help create charts and visualize data in PowerPoint
Skill and Work Experience Requirements
This position requires a college degree, and a minimum of two to three years of legal recruiting experience and some exposure to professional development and diversity working in a law firm or other service industry. Strong computer skills including Word, Excel PPT and a working knowledge of viDesktop Simplicity, CE Manager and FloRecruit databases a plus. The Coordinator must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, writing and speaking skills; be accurate, organized and detail-oriented; and be able to juggle several tasks simultaneously and work effectively under pressure. The responsibilities of this position require a strong team player with a positive attitude, the ability to maintain confidential information, exercise good judgment, and follow-through on assigned tasks. The position also requires flexibility to work overtime hours.