March 9, 2021
Stroock, an AmLaw firm with nearly 300 attorneys nationwide, has an immediate opening for a docket analyst in our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of docketing which includes citing and interpreting legal rules, and retrieving documents from multiple court agencies and jurisdictions. This position works closely to assist the senior docket analyst with daily requests.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing all documents, including those being delivered by Federal Express, interoffice pouches, court returns, faxes, electronic filings to department email accounts, and ECF hand deliveries; calculating deadline dates and inputting information into litigation calendar database (CompuLaw).
- Downloading documents, generating daily reports of applicable dates and distributing to the case team (attorneys, paralegals and secretaries).
- Reviewing changes to all court rules and updating litigation calendar manual.
- Consulting with attorneys and other personnel on calendaring-related matters.
- Researching calendaring-related matters when requested to do so by attorneys.
- Opening, coding and distribution of all mail directed to attorneys.
- Generating and distributing calendar reports of all up-and-coming dates per attorney.
- Entering new matters in firm docketing software (CompuLaw) and retrieving all documents related to new litigation matter from court dockets, attorneys, paralegals or secretaries.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary education, degree or Paralegal Certificate required.
- Minimum two years previous experience as calendar/docket specialist with thorough knowledge of state, federal and local rules of procedure.
- Ability to work in a fast paced litigation environment.
- Must have basic knowledge of docketing software (CompuLaw) or similar docketing software; knowledge of Westlaw, LexisNexis would be helpful, but not required.
- Ability to research, cite and interpret legal rules to attorneys, paralegals and secretaries (i.e. CCP, FRCP, FRAP, and local Rules from multiple jurisdictions).
- Willingness to be hands-on, very client service orientated.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position within time constraints and with interruptions.
- Work OT as required.