PLI's Bankruptcy & Reorganizations 2014: Current Developments
PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas, 2nd floor
New York, New York 10036
Stroock partner Lewis Kruger will be speaking at PLI's Bankruptcy & Reorganizations 2014: Current Developments Conference April 28-29, 2014 in New York, NY.
This event assembles a faculty of bankruptcy judges and leading practitioners who will provide attendees with a thorough analysis of hot topics and recent decisions and how to strategically respond to them.
Attendees will learn:
- Current market; legislative and legal developments; new Fee Guidelines
- Stern v. Marshall, Bellingham and subsequent appellate cases - drastic implications for bankruptcy and reorganization cases?
- American Airlines, ResCap, Hostess, MF Global, Lehman, Madoff, Tousa; Vitro
- Structured and complex finance developments - repos, swaps, forward contracts, derivatives, SPVs - see MF Global and Lehman
- Corporate governance and the powers and duties of DIPs and of their boards; D & O liability, insurance and damage issues - Deepening insolvency
- How to recognize ethical issues and avoid missteps in your bankruptcy and reorganization cases;
- Controversies on sales of assets free and clear under Sections 363 and 1129 and bid procedures and protections - Los Angeles Dodgers, Texas Rangers, River Road; Clear Channel and progeny
- New developments regarding unsecured and secured claims and labor issues; "Make Whole Premiums"
- Defenses to voidable preference attacks, including new value and § 546(e)
- Fraudulent conveyances, LBOs and safe harbors; section 546(e), valuation issues; in pari delicto and Ponzi issues and defenses; Madoff Appeals
- Executory contracts and leases - structuring, assumption, rejection and 365(n) cases
- Enforcing Intercreditor agreements, subordination and related litigation issues - West Point Stevens, Ion Media; Boston Generating; StuyTown; Euro Directories
- New developments on plan proposals, lock ups, contested disclosure statements and confirmations of a plan
- International and cross-border insolvencies, inbound and outbound - Chapters 11 and 15
Mr. Kruger will be speaking on the panel "Potpourri of Current Market Developments in Chapter 7 and 11 Business Cases - American Airlines, ResCap, MF Global, Lehman, Hostess, Madoff, Vitro, et al." at 9:15am on the first day of the conference.
Mr. Kruger will also participate in the panel discussion "Ethics in Diverse Bankruptcy Practice Areas" at 1:45 on the same day.
For more information, please click here.