PLI's 17th Annual Consumer Financial Services Institute
PLI New York Center
810 Seventh Avenue
New York, New York 10019
Julia Strickland and Scott Pearson will be speaking at PLI's 17th Annual Consumer Financial Services Institute April 9-10, 2012 in New York, NY and May 3-4, 2012 in Chicago, IL.
Ms. Strickland will be on several panels throughout the program and will be participating in the introduction and opening remarks. Mr. Pearson will be a speaker on the "Emerging Payment Models and Related Litigation" panel on the first day of the seminar.
This year's program will cover significant developments in consumer financial services litigation. Participants will learn to:
- Explore the ways in which the Dodd-Frank Act and the CFPB’s activities will affect your practice
- Study the latest regulatory and enforcement initiatives of federal and state regulators and state attorneys general and the ways in which Title X of the Dodd-Frank Act has impacted their authority
- Analyze the changes in the application of state laws to national banks and federal thrifts in light of the Dodd-Frank Act’s impact on federal preemption standards
- Identify the regulatory and litigation priorities of consumer advocates in the coming year
- Understand the implications of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion for consumer arbitration agreements
- Get updates on the latest class actions and state attorneys general lawsuits against financial services companies
- Survey class certification developments after the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Walmart Stores, Inc. v. Dukes
- Explore the potential impact of the U.S. Supreme Court rulings in First America Financial v. Edwards, Magner v. Gallagher and Freeman v. Quicken Loans
For additional information, please visit http://www.pli.edu/Content/Seminar/Consumer_Financial_Services_Institute_17th/_/N-4kZ1z1333m?Npp=1&ID=144484&t=BDM2_2CFIN.