- Speeches & Events
Arjun Rao practices in all areas of complex commercial litigation, with particular emphasis on consumer class actions and financial services litigation. Mr. Rao also counsels clients regarding regulatory matters and government investigations. He has defended a wide range of actions brought against banks and other financial service providers in connection with lending and retail banking operations, including alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Truth-In-Lending Act and numerous provisions of state law and the Uniform Commercial Code. Mr. Rao also regularly represents clients in connection with matters relating to automobile lending in California.
- Advisory Board, Western Center on Law & Poverty
SPEECHES & EVENTS
- Speaker, Recent Changes to the TCPA and Potential Social Media Impact, Bloomberg BNA Webinar, November 12, 2015
- Co-author, "Appointment of New FCC Chair Could Lead to Reduced TCPA Litigation," New York Law Journal, March 13, 2017
- Co-author, "2013 Annual Overview of California's Unfair Competition Law and Consumers Legal Remedies Act," Stroock Client Memorandum, April 3, 2013
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
New York, 2015; California, 2009
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Western District of New York; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Central District of California; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California; U.S. District Court, Northern District of California; U.S. District Court, Southern District of California; Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Third Judicial Department; U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2009
B.S., Cornell University, 2006
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"Second Circuit Holds That Contractually Provided TCPA Consent May Not Be Unilaterally Revoked"
June 23, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Affirmed – Defaulted Debt Buyer Not Subject to FDCPA"June 13, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "D.C. Circuit Strikes Down FCC’s Order Requiring Opt-out Language on Solicited Fax Advertisements"March 31, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Appointment of New FCC Chair Could Lead to Reduced TCPA Litigation"March 13, 2017|New York Law Journal Special Report – Commercial Litigation
- 2013 Annual Overview of California's Unfair Competition Law and Consumers Legal Remedies ActApril 3, 2013|Stroock Client Memorandum
EVENTSBack To Full Bio
- "Affirmed – Defaulted Debt Buyer Not Subject to FDCPA"