Our lawyers are adept at meeting the special challenges facing owners and operators of real estate linked to operating businesses such as hotels, casinos, self-storage facilities, senior housing, student housing and medical office properties.
We represent owners, managers, investors, lenders, franchisors and franchisees in the acquisition, development and financing of limited/select service, luxury and resort properties across the country in single- and multi-asset portfolio transactions involving all of the major hotel chains as well as boutique properties. Our breadth of experience includes negotiating joint venture agreements, management agreements, ground leases, franchise agreements, construction agreements and financing documents.
Areas of Focus
- Hospitality and Gaming
- Medical Office
- Self Storage
- Senior Living
- Student Housing
- The New York Mets in the construction and financing of Citi Field.
- Columbia Property Trust, as landlord, in the negotiation of a 30-year lease agreement with NYU Langone Medical Center for 390,000 square feet of space at 222 East 41st Street in Manhattan.
- Chanel, an international retailer, in the 200,000 square foot lease in a trophy building in midtown New York City, which serves as Chanel’s headquarters.
- The Setai Group in connection with the sale of the Setai Hotel in Miami Beach, FL.
- J.P. Morgan-advised fund in the $500 million disposition of 12 senior housing facilities spread over three states.
- Hunter College Foundation, the tenant, in the short-term lease of space for a student dormitory located 334 East 79th Street, New York, NY.
In The Spotlight
EventsBack To Service
Lawyers In This GroupBack To Service
|Jon S. Ziefert||Special Counsel||
|Ira K. Teicher||Partner||
|Hala M. Sibay||Special Counsel||
|Zachary S. Perron||Associate||
|Nicholas S. Richard||Associate||
|Joseph F. Miller||Special Counsel||
|Steven P. Moskowitz||Partner||
|Elizabeth R. Lorton||Special Counsel||
|Ankush R. Israni||Associate||
|Danielle A. Grunwald||Associate||
|Marc Hurel||Senior Counsel||
|Elizabeth M. Akerman||Associate||
|Loryn D. Arkow||Partner||
|Jeffrey R. Keitelman||Co-Managing Partner||