Recognized by Chambers USA for our results-oriented approach, our transactional insurance team represents leading insurers, reinsurers, financial institutions, private equity firms, hedge funds and other investors in virtually every kind of corporate insurance industry transaction.
We represent acquiring companies, sellers, target corporations, boards of directors and special committees in U.S. and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, management buyouts and corporate restructurings. Our experience includes acquisitions of run-off companies, acquisitions of fixed and variable annuity and structured settlement businesses, asset and liability transfers, renewal rights transactions, acquisitions from distressed insurers, sponsored demutualizations, affiliation transactions and mutual holding company conversions. We are a full-service team, counseling our clients on any litigation or administrative proceedings that may accompany those transactions.
- Atlas Merchant Capital in $2.05 billion acquisition of Talcott Resolution, the runoff life insurance and annuity division of The Hartford, generating total value to The Hartford’s shareholders of approximately $3 billion.
- Lemonade Group in its 2016 launch of an online homeowners insurance company.
- Private equity firm in bid to acquire Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- ORIX and its subsidiary, ORIX Life Insurance Company, in $1.4 billion acquisition of Hartford Life Insurance K.K.
- Property casualty insurance company in $950 million bids for crop insurance businesses.
- Arch Insurance Company in (i) acquisition of alternative market business of SPARTA Insurance and (ii) $400 million loss portfolio transfer reinsurance transaction with Catalina.
- Talcott Resolution buyer consortium in $9.6 billion structured settlement reinsurance transaction with Global Atlantic.
- Goldman Sachs in $2 billion Japanese variable annuity reinsurance transaction.
In The Spotlight
NewsBack To Service
August 15, 2019 | Best Lawyers
47 Stroock Lawyers Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2020