We help our clients, from small businesses to multinational corporations, navigate the regulatory complexities involved in doing business with federal, state and local governmental entities.
Our team helps clients understand the intricacies of working with the government to maximize their partnership. From procurement regulations to contract interpretation, our lawyers help negotiate agreements with all levels of government, counsel our clients on Federal Acquisition Regulation, prime contracting, patent and privacy rights and compliance, and work with government contractors to resolve issues or disputes.
We mitigate conflict, reduce costs and maximize value for contractors in a wide array of industries, including defense, aerospace, intelligence, information technology, professional services, telecommunications, real estate and construction services.
- We advise clients on both the sell and buy sides on how to mitigate their government contracting risks, from those involving general contract compliance and performance matters, to more particular issues, such as novations, government rights in IP and technical data, organizational conflicts of interest, and national security requirements. We routinely conduct due diligence reviews and investigations from both the buy and sell sides.
- We advise on issues involving procurement integrity, subcontracts and teaming agreements, contract compliance and performance, requests for equitable adjustments (REA), suspensions/debarments, terminations for convenience and default, and small business socio-economic requirements.
- We work with our nationally recognized Real Estate Group on GSA leasing issues, including REAs and claims litigation.
- We have substantial trial and appellate experience in government contracts litigation, including pre- and post-award protests, claims and terminations, matters involving the False Claims Act (FCA) and its whistleblower provisions, Fifth Amendment takings and complex damages claims against the government.
- We counsel clients on compliance and ethics programs, internal investigations, subpoena responses, and in defending suspension and debarment proceedings.
- We assist clients with foreign military sales, and with the myriad issues that a company faces in either establishing an international footprint or conducting existing international operations.
In The Spotlight
NewsBack To Service
February 5, 2020 | Bloomberg Law
Shannon Reaves Discusses Impact of CFIUS Rules on Chinese Investment
EventsBack To Service
March 25, 2019
Roundtable Discussion on the Under Secretary's Agenda for 2019
August 10-12, 2017
ABA Section of Public Contract Law Annual Meeting
Lawyers In This GroupBack To Service
|Shannon Reaves||Special Counsel||
|Gregory Jaeger||Special Counsel||