We represent our clients in major bankruptcy proceedings around the country. Our involvement generally begins before the bankruptcy filing with the negotiation of cash collateral, DIP financing, and other important first-day orders, and continues through the negotiation and implementation of asset sales, the assumption and rejection of leases, licenses and other key contracts, and either asset sales or plan confirmation.
Among the recent bankruptcies we are working on or have worked on are:
- Hertz Corporation: Agent for a group of secured lenders in the repayment in full of their claims.
- PG&E: Agent for lenders on a parent company term loan in the repayment in full of their claims.
- Horsehead Corporation: Agent and pre-petition secured lender in obtaining a fulsome adequate protection package.
- Linn Energy: Pre-petition lender and party to restructuring support agreement and exit credit facility.
- Breitburn Energy Partners: Lender under pre-petition RBL facility in maximizing recoveries under the chapter 11 plan.
- Rochester Drug Cooperative, Inc.: Repayment of the secured lender in the workout and subsequent chapter 11 case of a distributor of pharmaceuticals which liquidated following the settlement of criminal and civil charges brought by the federal government.
- The Weinstein Companies: A multimedia company as intellectual property licensor/licensee and creditor in the chapter 11 proceedings.
- China Fishery: Agent for a group of lenders in the chapter 11 cases of China Fishery Group and Pacific Andes International Holdings, and the secured lender in the workout and subsequent chapter 7 case of National Fish and Seafood, Inc., a subsidiary of Pacific Andes International Holdings.
- Mineral Park: Agent for a group of secured lenders and hedge providers in the workout and chapter 11 case of the owner of a copper mine in Arizona.
- SAS: A commercial bank and investment banking advisor.
- Revlon: Debtor in the post-petition sale of a warehouse facility.
- Genever Inc.: A hotel in the chapter 11 proceeding of the owner of a full floor of multi-million-dollar co-op units in the hotel.
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico: Two public employee unions representing more than 35,000 public employees, one as a plan support party and the other as a member of the creditors committee.