We have long been a major force in the real estate industry serving investment advisers, pension funds, private real estate funds, institutional investors, asset managers and other fiduciaries.
Our team has the experience and employs an interdisciplinary approach that makes us a prudent choice when investing in high profile trophy assets. Working closely with our private funds, Advisors Act, tax and ERISA lawyers, our legal advice has formed the basis of innumerable investment structures that are designed to achieve both the transactional objectives of our fund and advisory clients as well as a comfort zone that assures them that they are operating within their vehicle’s or investor’s guidelines and the complexities of the law. Our lawyers have a deep understanding of UBTI and utilize that knowledge to successfully structure transactions for our tax-exempt clients. We also regularly represent the interests of non-U.S. investors, including sovereign wealth funds, and we understand the intricacies of their tax considerations, CFIUS and other disclosure and reporting requirements.
Areas of Focus
- $2.5 billion recapitalization of Century Plaza Towers, a 44-story high-rise with 2.3 million square feet of office space, in Los Angeles, CA
- $1.5 billion joint venture and financing in Boston
- $1.4 billion equity investment and debt financing for Hudson Yards development in New York City
- $250 million refinancing of the La Jolla Commons, one of the newest office campuses in University Towne Centre, La Jolla, CA
- $350 million loan secured by a ground lease of the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center
Lawyers In This GroupBack To Service
|Ira K. Teicher||Partner||
|Zachary S. Perron||Associate||
|Nicholas S. Richard||Associate||
|Steven P. Moskowitz||Partner||
|Danielle A. Grunwald||Associate||
|Elizabeth M. Akerman||Associate||
|Jeffrey R. Keitelman||Co-Managing Partner||