Stroock Special Bulletin
Landmarks Preservation Commission Approves the SoHo-Cast Iron Historic District Expansion
This afternoon, the Landmarks Preservation Commission of the City of New York (the "LPC") approved the proposed expansion of the SoHo-Cast Iron Historic District. The boundaries of the SoHo-Cast Iron Historic District is expanded to generally include:
- properties to the west of West Broadway, south of West Houston Street and north of Broome Street
- properties at the southwestern corner of West Broadway and Broome Street
- properties to the east of Crosby Street, south of West Houston Street and north of Howard Street
- an area surrounded by Kenmare Street, Cleveland Place/Centre Street, Grand Street and Lafayette Street, and
- a majority of the block bounded by Howard Street, Broadway, Canal Street and Lafayette Street all as shown in the map on the LPC's website.
As any development, alteration and/or renovation of properties in any historic districts designated by the LPC ("Landmarks District") are subject to LPC's regulation, owners, developers, managers, lessees and those in the real estate lending industry are encouraged to become familiar with the extent of LPC's regulation of properties in a Landmarks District.