Stroock Special Bulletin
"NAIC Updates – October 2017"
The NAIC Reinsurance (E) Task Force (“RTF”) held its most recent open meeting on Monday, August 7, 2017 during the NAIC 2017 Summer National Meeting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This Stroock Special Bulletin provides an update on the meeting, including:
1) a status report on the proposed Bilateral Agreement Between the European Union and the United States of America on Prudential Measures Regarding Insurance and Reinsurance;
2) the report of the Qualified Jurisdiction (E) Working Group;
3) an update from the Reinsurance Financial Analysis (E) Working Group regarding Reinsurance Collateral Ratings – Credit for Reinsurance Model Regulation (#786);
4) Proposed Accreditation Standards;
5) Investment Security Standards;
6) Unclaimed Life Insurance Benefits; and
7) the status of VM-22.