Highlights from the NAIC Spring 2010 National Meeting
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners held its Spring 2010 National Meeting on March 25-28 in Denver, Colorado. This Stroock Insurance Practice Group Special Bulletin highlights a few of the topics addressed at that meeting:
- recommendations for structured securities;
- the final Rating Agency Working Group Report;
- formation of the Health Reform Solvency Impact Subgroup;
- the Proposal of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision;
- the Reinsurance (E) Task Force discussion of Letter of Credit Options; and
- the NAIC Staff’s suggested approach to margin valuation and run-off.