“Developments from the NAIC 2012 Spring National Meeting”
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”) held its 2012 Spring National Meeting in New Orleans from March 1st through 6th. It was the first of three National Meetings scheduled for 2012.
This Stroock Special Bulletin highlights certain developments resulting from the Spring National Meeting relating to the following topics:
· Principle-Based Reserves;
· Other Capital and Reserves;
· Contingent Deferred Annuities;
· Use of Captives and Special Purpose Vehicles;
· Own Risk and Solvency Assessment;
· Receivership-Qualified Financial Contracts;
· Receivership Separate Accounts; and
· Solvency Modernization Initiative.