Saunak concentrates his practice on intellectual property and technology matters. He has worked with large multinational corporations in a multitude of industries including semiconductor manufacturing, computer software, biotechnology, oil exploration and financial services to protect their IP assets. Saunak has experience with nearly every aspect of litigation including written discovery, taking and defending depositions, expert discovery, trial, and appeals.
In addition to his intellectual property practice, Saunak maintains an active pro bono practice focused on helping individuals seeking asylum in the United States.
Prior to joining Stroock, Saunak was an associate at Kirkland & Ellis.
- Defending developer of human capital management software against breach of contract and unfair competition claims related to an alleged misappropriation of trade secrets in an ongoing litigation in the District of Arizona.
- Representing developer of navigable telepresence technology in an ongoing patent infringement litigation in the Southern District of New York.
- Defended biopharmaceutical company in a patent infringement litigation concerning genetically modified mice. After a bench trial, the Court found that the asserted patent was procured through inequitable conduct and, thus, unenforceable.
- Represented geophysical services company in several inter partes review proceedings and in successfully obtaining payment of reasonable royalty damages after opposing party and surety companies disputed payment.
- Defended razor blade manufacturer, distributor, and retailer in a patent infringement litigation concerning razor blade coating technology.
- Defended global pharmaceutical companies in a patent infringement litigation related to a biosimilar version of the multi-billion dollar drug, Remicade®.
- Defended leading semiconductor manufacturing company in inter partes review proceeding and in a patent infringement litigation concerning semiconductor fabrication technology.
Co-author, “Emission lifetimes of europium-doped pyrochlores for phosphor thermometry,” 107 J. Appl. Phys. 016101-1, 2010
Admitted To Practice
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2013
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Columbia Science and Technology Law Review
B.E., magna cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 2010