John Storz is a partner in Stroock’s national Financial Restructuring Group. He represents numerous official and informal creditors committees in Chapter 11 reorganizations, out-of-court restructurings and exchange offers. John regularly counsels companies in matters related to their financial restructuring activities. He also frequently advises institutional investors, including hedge funds, with respect to their investing activity.
John has significant experience in general corporate, securities, governance and finance matters. His practice spans mergers and acquisitions, public and private equity and debt securities offerings, investment fund transactions, corporate reorganizations, and joint ventures. John represents clients across a wide range of industries including manufacturing, telecommunications, finance/financial services, and biotechnology.
- The largest holder of secured debt of a major gaming and casino company in connection with separate Chapter 11 filings for the company’s operations in Nevada and other states, including a filing to effectuate the sale of its Atlantic City assets to the senior lenders via a successful credit bid in a Section 363 sale.
- The ad hoc committee of noteholders in the restructuring of a publicly held developer of single-family residences, town homes and condominiums.
- Advised the official committee of unsecured creditors of the leading global manufacturer of aftermarket electrical components and original equipment electrical components for the automotive industry.
- The ad hoc committee of high-yield noteholders in the restructuring of the leading provider of fixed satellite services in Mexico.
- The official committee of unsecured creditors of a global leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of automotive interior components, as well as exterior trim and convertible roof systems.
- The ad hoc committee of senior noteholders in the restructuring of one of the largest manufacturers of glass containers in the United States.
- Advised holders of pre-petition credit facility claims in the restructuring of a diversified global furniture manufacturer and supplier of surface technologies.
- A natural gas exploration and production company, in a rescue financing provided by certain of the company’s existing stockholders.
- Owners of all outstanding equity in the sale of an independent broker-dealer that specializes in the design and implementation of advanced algorithmic trading and execution services.
- One of the world’s largest financial institutions in the sale of its portfolio company, a designer and manufacturer of eye, face, head, respiratory, hearing, and fall protection products and communication systems.
- Advised a special committee of the board in its consideration and recommendation of a going private transaction for a direct marketer in the gift delivery industry.
- A provider of reinsurance and insurance for the property and casualty market and a provider of reinsurance for the life and annuity market, in its Rule 144A senior unsecured debt offering.
- The United States’ largest vacation property management company (traded on the NYSE), in connection with its merger with and into a diversified hospitality and entertainment company (traded on the NYSE).
Admitted To Practice
J.D., University of Richmond School of Law, 1996
B.B.A., cum laude, Adelphi University, 1991
In The Spotlight
NewsBack To Full Bio
July 1, 2019 | Reuters
John Storz Featured in Reuters’ “Lawyers on the Move”
June 26, 2019 | Bloomberg Law, General Counsel News
John Storz Mentioned in Bloomberg Law, General Counsel News
June 24, 2019
Stroock Expands Nationally Ranked Financial Restructuring Practice With Partner John Storz