Mr. Miller also has experience in mortgage-backed securitizations, company acquisitions, loan restructurings, joint venture transactions and general corporate matters.
- Representation of a real estate firm in its $70 million acquisition of a medical office building.
- Representation of a building owner in a long-term lease for the top floor of a new trophy class office building.
- Representation of a real estate company in its on-going leasing of a 590,000 square foot multi-building office complex.
- Representation of a real estate investment trust in a $105 million bridge and permanent financing.
- Representation of a real estate investment company in its $644 million acquisition of a multi-state portfolio of properties.
- Representation of a prominent international corporation in the sale and partial leaseback of its 114 acre headquarters complex, including the drafting and negotiation of the related ground lease, office space lease and declaration of restrictive covenants.
- Representation of a utility holding company in its $900 million acquisition of 72 hydro-electric facilities.
- Representation of a lender in the work-out of a $90 million financing secured by four multi-family buildings.
- Representation of an investment bank in making a $121 million mortgage loan and $50 million mezzanine financing for the acquisition of an office building.
- Representation of an opportunity fund in the purchase of a $40 million loan secured by a riverboat casino, hotel and golf course.
- Representation of an insurance company in a tri-party agreement and related loan documents for its commitment to make a $55 million permanent loan upon completion of the construction of a cancer center ground leased to a major hospital.
- Representation of a financial institution in the restructuring of a loan secured by a portfolio of properties leased to the federal government.
- Representation of an investment bank in the restructuring of mortgage and mezzanine financing secured by five multi-state retail shopping centers.
- Representation of an investment bank in the acquisition of a reverse mortgage lender.
Admitted To Practice
District of Columbia; Maryland; New Jersey; New York; North Carolina
J.D., New York Law School, 1990
B.S., State University of New York Maritime College, 1982
In The Spotlight
NewsBack To Full Bio
October 15, 2018 | Global Legal Chronicle
Stroock's National Real Estate Team Guides Easterly In $244M Deal For 8 Properties
September 24, 2018
Stroock Guides Easterly In $244M Deal For 8 Properties
April 13, 2018
Stroock Represents Pfizer in Global Headquarters Relocation in NYC
February 9, 2018 | Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal
Jeff Keitelman, Steven Moskowitz, Joseph Miller and Kelly Booker mentioned in “Stroock represents Carr Properties in 341,000 s/f D.C. transaction and purchase of 350 Morse St., NE”
January 26, 2018 | REBusiness Online
Jeff Keitelman, Steven Moskowitz, Joseph Miller, Kelly Booker and Gail Suchman mentioned in "Stroock Arranges $166.2M Sale of Office Building in D.C.’s West End"
January 24, 2018 | GlobeSt.com
Jeff Keitelman, Steven Moskowitz, Joseph Miller, Kelly Booker and Gail Suchman mentioned in "Carr Properties Buys, Sells Assets In DC"
January 23, 2018
Stroock Represents Carr Properties in Two More D.C. Transactions
April 20, 2017
Real Estate Forum and GlobeSt Honor Five Separate Stroock Transactions Nationally for Best Deals of 2016
April 1, 2016 | Law360
Jeffrey R. Keitelman and Joseph F. Miller mentioned in "Stroock Steers Columbia Property's $187M Baltimore Sale"
July 10, 2015 | Bisnow
Jeffrey R. Keitelman Talks to Bisnow About His Move to Stroock
June 4, 2015 | Law360
Real Estate team highlighted in "Stroock Lures 8 From DLA Piper For Real Estate Practice"
May 26, 2015
Stroock Continues National Expansion with Addition of Eight Real Estate Attorneys in Washington, DC and New York Firm Adds 23 Attorneys in the Last Six Months Across All Offices