Vincent L. Laurenzano joined Stroock’s Insurance Practice in 1997 with over thirty years of experience in the New York State Insurance Department, where he served most recently as Assistant Deputy Superintendent and Chief Examiner of the Financial Condition Property/Casualty Bureau. In that position, he was responsible for examining and regulating the financial condition of all property/casualty, financial guaranty, mortgage guaranty, title and health-only insurance companies licensed in New York. The Bureau also oversaw a broad range of operational and financial matters including demutualizations, restructurings of securities offerings, licensing of insurers and determination of their solvency, and review of mergers and acquisitions, affiliate transactions and investments.
As a consultant to the Firm, Mr. Laurenzano advises clients on insurance regulatory issues and clients engaged in insurance-related mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity offerings, restructuring of assets and liabilities, and structured finance and derivatives transactions designed to transfer insurance risk to the capital markets.
- Certified Financial Examiner (CFE)
SELECTED ACTIVITIESMr. Laurenzano previously served as chair on several National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) committees, including the Risk-Based Capital (EX-4) Task Force, Property and Casualty Reinsurance Study Group and Catastrophe Insurance (C) Working Group Catastrophe Reserve Subgroup.
He was also the recipient of the NAIC Robert Dineen Award for Outstanding Service and Contribution to the Regulation of Insurance.
B.S., Fordham University, 1964
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"NAIC Updates – October 2017"
October 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "NAIC Updates – May 2016"May 2016|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "NAIC Updates – January 2016"January 19, 2016|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Updates on Principle-Based Reserving"October 1, 2015|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "2015 NAIC Summer Meeting – Updates From the Reinsurance Task Force"October 1, 2015|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Recent Developments at the NAIC Private Equity Issues (E) Working Group"October 28, 2014|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Update on Principle-Based Reserving"May 1, 2014|Stroock Special Bulletin
- “Update on Private Equity Issues in the Insurance Industry”April 3, 2014|Stroock Special Bulletin
- Insurance UpdatesJanuary 30, 2014|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Insurance Updates"October 7, 2013|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Developments from the NAIC’s Financial Condition (E) Committee"July 24, 2013|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Developments from the NAIC 2013 Spring National Meeting"May 14, 2013|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Developments from the NAIC 2012 Fall National Meeting"December 28, 2012|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Recent Developments Regarding the Use of Captives and Special Purpose Vehicles"October 25, 2012|Stroock Special Bulletin
- Developments from the NAIC 2012 Summer National MeetingAugust 27, 2012|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Insurance Updates"June 27, 2012|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Insurance Updates"April 17, 2012|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Developments from the NAIC 2012 Spring National Meeting"March 14, 2012|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Insurance Updates"February 13, 2012|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Developments from the NAIC 2011 Fall National Meeting"November 17, 2011|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "National Association of Insurance Commissioners to Review Insurers’ Use of Captives"October 13, 2011|Stroock Special Bulletin
- Highlights from the NAIC Spring 2010 National MeetingMarch 31, 2010|Stroock Special Bulletin
- NAIC Executive Committee Votes Against Adoption of ACLI ProposalsJanuary 30, 2009|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "IASB Issues International Financial Reporting Standard 4 -- Insurance Contracts"January 4, 2005|Stroock Capital Markets
- Financial Services Reform: New Opportunities, New ChallengesJune 2001|Stroock Special Bulletin
EVENTSBack To Full Bio
AIRROC New York City Regional Education Day
January 17, 2018
RE Finance: The ABC's of Financial Reporting & Analysis for Property/ Casualty Insurers and Reinsurers
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Mealey's Insurance Insolvency and Reinsurance Roundtable
April 14, 2003
- "NAIC Updates – May 2016"