- Representative Matters
- Honors & Awards
Robert Wright has several decades of experience in complex business litigation, including class and multi-district litigation.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERSMr. Wright’s notable corporate, regulatory and insurance related representations have included:
- Defending numerous business entities, including Fortune 500 companies, in business tort cases such as putative class actions alleging discrimination, securities fraud or consumer law violations
- Acting as lead trial counsel in a $3.8 billion hostile tender offer battle over a Florida insurance corporation
- Representing corporations being investigated by the Florida Attorney General’s office
- Representing Florida regulators in connection with suits arising out of the failure of insurance companies
- Representing insurance companies seeking to obtain or renew their certificates to do business in Florida
- Representing numerous California and foreign wine makers and vintners’ organizations in federal and state lawsuits involving the direct shipment of wine and alcoholic beverages to Florida consumers
- Representing, on a pro bono basis, six migrant farm workers in a human trafficking case
HONORS & AWARDSMr. Wright has been listed in Super Lawyers and has also been recognized by Best Lawyers for his work in Commercial Litigation.
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Miami-Dade County Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
SELECTED ACTIVITIESMr. Wright was a Lieutenant in the U.S. Army field artillery from 1968-1971.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida; U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida; U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit; U.S. Supreme Court
J.D., Columbia Law School, 1974
B.A., University of North Carolina, 1968
NEWSBack To Full Bio
47 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2018
August 15, 2017|Press Release
Stroock Wins $3.5 Million for Victims of Forced Labor
March 14, 2017|Press Release
47 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2017
August 15, 2016 |Press Release
45 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2016
August 17, 2015
35 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers for 2015
August 18, 2014
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP, a national law firm with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Washington, DC announced that 35 attorneys across 25 practice areas have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2015 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® ("Best Lawyers®").
Click here to read the full press release.
Stroock Expands Litigation Practice – Robert Wright, Jr. Joins as Partner
July 10, 2008