Robert Wright has several decades of experience in complex business litigation, including class and multi-district litigation.
- Defending numerous business entities, including Fortune 500 companies, in business tort cases such as putative class actions alleging discrimination, securities fraud or consumer law violations
- Acting as lead trial counsel in a $3.8 billion hostile tender offer battle over a Florida insurance corporation
- Representing corporations being investigated by the Florida Attorney General’s office
- Representing Florida regulators in connection with suits arising out of the failure of insurance companies
- Representing insurance companies seeking to obtain or renew their certificates to do business in Florida
- Representing numerous California and foreign wine makers and vintners’ organizations in federal and state lawsuits involving the direct shipment of wine and alcoholic beverages to Florida consumers
- Representing, on a pro bono basis, six migrant farm workers in a human trafficking case
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Miami-Dade County Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida; U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida; U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit; U.S. Supreme Court
J.D., Columbia Law School, 1974
B.A., University of North Carolina, 1968
In The Spotlight
August 15, 2017|Press Release47 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2018
March 14, 2017|Press ReleaseStroock Wins $3.5 Million for Victims of Forced Labor
August 15, 2016 |Press Release47 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2017
August 17, 201545 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2016
August 18, 201435 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers for 2015
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP, a national law firm with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Washington, DC announced that 35 attorneys across 25 practice areas have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2015 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® ("Best Lawyers®").
Click here to read the full press release.
July 10, 2008Stroock Expands Litigation Practice – Robert Wright, Jr. Joins as Partner